Green Room

Rand Paul not happy with the latest GOP fiscal cliff offer

posted at 2:00 pm on December 4, 2012 by

Senator Rand Paul, who is considering a run for the White House in 2016, isn’t too please with Speaker Boehner’s latest fiscal cliff offer. From his Facebook page:

Photobucket

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Somebody, just once, cut some spending!

Cindy Munford on December 4, 2012 at 2:05 PM

The real question is whether raising the rate will really bring in the money it’s supposed to? Maybe a quick lesson in the Laffer curve would do some good.

Tater Salad on December 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM

LIB

nothing the Repubs do at this point is going to make them not be responsible for the mess we are in and that the dems are making a lot worse.

CoffeeLover on December 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Tater Salad on December 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Of course it won’t. But the revenue argument is a red herring anyway. It’s all about political power and wielding it.

Bitter Clinger on December 4, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I’d like to take this opportunity as Exhibit A to the hardcore NeoCons that Pauliansare not 1/10th your enemy as liberals.

We don’t like [email protected] coming out of DC either!

MelonCollie on December 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM

We don’t like [email protected] coming out of DC either!

MelonCollie on December 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM

As long as Rand doesn’t Blame America like his daddy does I’d seriously consider supporting him for the nomination.

LevinFan on December 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Of course the cruise control is a viable option, if you’re wanting to jump out of the car and make sure whatever is in it goes over the cliff with some gusto.

pvolcko on December 4, 2012 at 3:08 PM

LevinFan on December 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I think he’s learned to at least not object too loudly to the puppetmasters. All the mindless vitriol I’ve seen on the Internet probably doesn’t even hold a candle to what he’s seen and heard daddy being told over the years.

Unfortunately I don’t know if even he could fix anything by 2016. I really do not think a political solution is forthcoming.

But if you manage to successfully split from the libtard states, he’d make a darn good 1st President!

MelonCollie on December 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM

LevinFan on December 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM

who else should be blamed? Mexicans? Canadians?

burserker on December 4, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Once again Rand is right. I know the neocons hate it but liberty minded fiscal conservatives are the way of the future. Most of the “cuts” these a$$clowns are talking about are cut to proposed increases in spending.

LevinFan on December 4, 2012 at 2:51 PM

What? Truth is treason in an empire of lies.

MoreLiberty on December 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Top Pick

Going for the record

Top Pick

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM