Milbank: Obama promises of openness “just words”
posted at 11:54 am on December 4, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
“My administration,” President Obama wrote on his first day in office, “is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in government.”
Those were strong and hopeful words. Four years later, it is becoming more and more clear that they were just words.
Actually, that was clear four years ago, and three years ago, and two years ago, and … say, where has Milbank been since Obama invoked executive privilege on Operation Fast and Furious, anyway? We missed him and his dedication to openness in government.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style