Freaky-deaky swimming British babies clip
posted at 2:24 pm on December 4, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham
Like most babies Ellie and William Trykush cannot to sit up, crawl or walk on their own, but amazingly they can swim the entire length of a 25m pool unaided.
Proud first-time parents Vic and Charley Trykush did not think their babies had a special talent, until they took them to parent and baby swimming classes for the first time.
Charley said: “I thought all babies could do it.
“It wasn’t until we came to swimming lessons and people got so excited about it that we realised just how unusual it was and how clever they were.”
I know very young babies often exhibit certain reflexes that look a lot like swimming prowess, but this seems to be quite a bit more than that.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained