Green Room

Kid Rock: No regrets for Romney support, “no hard feelings” with Obama

posted at 10:48 am on December 3, 2012 by

I like Kid Rock, like a lot of his music, and even find him inexplicably attractive, but I digress. Point being, even if you’re not a fan of the Detroit native’s brand of rock/rap/country genre mash-up music, there’s no doubt he’s just kind of a cool guy. He’s unabashedly patriotic and doesn’t shy away from USO tours to Afghanistan. He goes against the grain politically in the music business, is unafraid to say it, but does it in a low-key, mature way the temper tantrums of many liberal musicians can’t match. Good for him.

Musician Kid Rock, who was a celebrity surrogate for Mitt Romney, said President Barack Obama wasted no time in jokingly acknowledging their campaign rivalry Sunday.

“It was nice. I saw the president tonight. He said, ‘I’m still here.’ I said, ‘No hard feelings,’ ” Rock said, laughing.

Earlier Sunday, Rock attended a White House reception with Obama and this year’s Kennedy Center Honors award recipients.

Speaking to CNN on the red carpet after the reception and before the ceremony in Washington, Rock said it was hard to see his candidate lose the election but added “it felt great” to have his music played on the campaign trail for Romney.

“It’s tough to stand up for something you believe in. Believe me, especially in my business. I alienated a lot of fans and people,” Rock said.

“But I believe if you don’t stand for something, you don’t stand for nothing,” he added.

President Obama could take a lesson or two about how one’s opponents are not necessarily one’s “enemies” from Kid Rock.

“You cross your fingers, you try to move forward, you hope for the best,” he said. “You respect the office of the president of the United States, and the great thing is in four years, we get to choose again.”

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Love this guy. Saw him a few years ago – he puts on an amazing live show!

CityFish on December 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Come on, four years!!!

Cindy Munford on December 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Excellent words of advice.

Red Cloud on December 3, 2012 at 11:56 AM

“I like Kid Rock, like a lot of his music, and even find him inexplicably attractive, but I digress.” – MKH

LMAO …
1.) “Kid Rock” aka Bob Ritchie, is from Romeo, Michigan – out in the orchard hinterlands – nowhere near Detroit, yet he claims to come from MoTown,
2.) Ritchie’s “music” is a simple compilation of all the real rock stars who preceded him over the decades,
3.) “Kid Rock” is nothing more than a poseur, a “revival” act.
4.) Get over him, MKH, yer lookin’ kinda starry-eyed.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on December 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Karl Magnus on December 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM

And yet, he has no idea who you are.

Red Cloud on December 3, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Karl Magnus on December 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM

And he will go to any hot zone to perform for our troops. That may not mean anything to you, but it is HUGE to me.

Cindy Munford on December 3, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I saw the president tonight. He said, ‘I’m still here.’

Although I have come to expect such pettiness from Obama, it still boggles the mind.

He is the leader of the free world, yet he appearantly finds it necessary to keep track of which celebrity didn’t support him and then snark about it?

Just pathetic.

Norwegian on December 3, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Just pathetic.
Norwegian on December 3, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Well, it comes with the territory when you’re the GQ Preezy Steezy.

Marcola on December 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM
Top Pick

Top Pick

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”