Allen West: “Lincoln only served one term in Congress, too”
posted at 9:05 pm on December 3, 2012 by Erika Johnsen
Rep. Allen West was finally forced to concede a couple weeks back, and his currently wrapping up his term — but he’s said that he’ll continue to look for ways to serve the country, I don’t think we’ve seen the last of him. Real Clear has the audio:
MARTIN: So what’s next for you?
WEST: Look, you know, God closes a door so that he can open up greater doors. I will continue to, you know, stand up and fight for this country. That’s my goal. I have two daughters, 19 and 16, and I want to make sure that they grow up in a great America that provides them all the opportunities that it provided to their mother and father.
MARTIN: Congressman Allen West is completing his term in Congress. He was kind enough to join us from a House recording studio on Capitol Hill here in Washington, D.C.
WEST: And always remember, Abraham Lincoln only served one term in Congress, too.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?
- Friendly reminder from the White House about ObamaCare: “It’s. The. Law.”