Green Room

Study: More negative #My2K tweets than positive

posted at 1:59 pm on November 30, 2012 by

I have no idea what this means, in practical terms, but interesting:

The majority of tweets using the White House’s #My2K hashtag on Wednesday were negative about President Obama’s tax rate plan, according to analysis released Thursday by social media analytics firm Crimson Hexagon.

Senior White House officials began using the hashtag on Wednesday as a means to promote their position on the tax rate debate, and Obama touted the hashtag in a speech around mid-day.

But about 53 percent of the tweets sent using the hashtag in a 24-hour period were critical of Obama’s tax proposal and fiscal policies, according to the analysis. Of the remaining tweets using the hashtag, the largest percentage — 26 percent — were news-oriented and didn’t take a side. Just 21 percent of the #My2K tweets were positive.

The percentage that wasn’t negative? 47. That number just keeps coming up. It’s like we’re in a promising J.J. Abrams series with an ultimately disappointing ending.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Maybe conservatives are getting the message that they need to win in every avenue of modern day life.

DeathtotheSwiss on November 30, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Raise them high!!

mrscullen on November 30, 2012 at 2:08 PM

It’s Obama’s 666.

Schadenfreude on November 30, 2012 at 3:01 PM

DeathtotheSwiss on November 30, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Not likely. Every day they tell us it’s the GOP’s Latino relations or social cons or fiscal cons or neocons or abortion or etc. etc. Only very rarely does someone point out the hard truth.

WeekendAtBernankes on November 30, 2012 at 3:19 PM

It’s funny, every time the administration takes to Twitter with some brilliant propaganda ploy, the conservative backlash destroys the administration’s premise.

/but the idiot still got re-elected. Yeah, I’m having a very hard time with that fact — knowing that 52% of my fellow voters are absolute friggin’ morons. Makes me very sad.

AZfederalist on November 30, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Same thing happened the last time there was a hashtag to promote the “Obama tax cut” which was just an extension of the “evil Bush tax cuts totally not for the middle class”. I think the tag at the time was like #2200 or something, but it’s since fallen off the Twittersphere.

The Schaef on November 30, 2012 at 3:26 PM

It’s a nice place to get your twitter account suspended too by loser libs who don’t like being challenged.

jawkneemusic on November 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM

jawkneemusic on November 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Yep, happened to me yesterday. Learned my lesson. Liberals do not want to engage in debate, they just want to read their own propaganda.

rockmom on November 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Stop ripping LOST yo. Nothing about the ending or any part of it was disappointing, nor for that matter did Abrams have much to do with it.

jjraines on November 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM

jjraines on November 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I was actually ripping “Alias.” It, too, had interesting numerology that turned out to be nothing interesting at all. I didn’t watch “LOST” because I learned my lesson about Abrams on “Alias.”

Mary Katharine Ham on November 30, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Pity it isn’t 42 that keeps cropping up (it might have made all the difference), and we’d be looking for a Douglas Adams spin

krome on November 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM

rockmom on November 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Just happened to me again. That’s twice in 72 hours.

jawkneemusic on November 30, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Mary Katharine Ham on November 30, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Best steer clear of the show that starts with “R” and was one of Ron Paul’s slogans then.

CorporatePiggy on November 30, 2012 at 7:47 PM

jawkneemusic on November 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Can you share some details or theory on how the account was suspended? I’m not asking from a “confrontational” perspective. If there is a pattern, such as reporting tweets, etc, then it can be replicated to use against them.

What we really need is, a social media “strike force brigade” where users are alerted, can go out in force, and dominate. Maybe one already exists?

BruthaMan on November 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Bruthaman, so in the course of 72 hours I was suspended twice and all I was doing was replying to the nonsense response by the left to Obama class warfare hashtag #My2k. I followed twitter rules to the T and was still banned. Think lefties are reporting conservatives as spam. It confirmed as much when Twitter told me I was suspended for spam posting which of course I wasn’t.

jawkneemusic on November 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM

More like a Mayan prophecy.

This is the clincher.

ButterflyDragon on November 30, 2012 at 10:52 PM

jawkneemusic on November 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Sounds like conservatives need to report the progressive left tweets as spam until twitter tires of losing the business and bans with more discretion.

KW64 on December 1, 2012 at 9:08 AM

…that sure showed up on November 6 didn’t it?

KOOLAID2 on December 1, 2012 at 10:47 AM

…that sure showed up on November 6 didn’t it?

KOOLAID2 on December 1, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Kids burning their hand on the hot stove.

unclesmrgol on December 1, 2012 at 12:12 PM

jawkneemusic on November 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM

rockmom on November 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

OMG! Happened to me too! We need to exchange gmail addresses in case we get stuck in twitter jail. I was told it was because of “unsolicited mentions”. Can anyone tell me what a “solicited mention” is? I took on the libs parroting BO’s BS at #my2K by suggesting they should thank George Bush because it’s his tax cut, not BO’s.

I also sent some tweets to Dickhead Durbin who had said (via Kirsten Powers) “Why should hedge fund managers make more than Navy Seals”? I asked: Why should Dick Durbin make more than Navy Seals? Not sure which got me suspended…

PS: rockmom, are you “Rockmom” on twitter? I follow a “Rockmom” but it doesn’t sound like you.

Buy Danish on December 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I thought that @my2k was so we could tell the White House how we felt about his plans… but after there has been so many negative post I’m seeing a lot of White House, Obama, Dumocrap congressman and senator tweets. That is just wrong and why isn’t the press calling them out… Oh yes, I forgot the press in in the tank…

vulcannomad on December 1, 2012 at 1:50 PM

jawkneemusic on November 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM

rockmom on November 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Happened to me too!! I have a longer comment which ironically is stuck in moderation. Must be because I called Dick Durbin a name. I just sent out a tweet asking 2 hear from people who were suspended over the #my2k thread.

Buy Danish on December 1, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Once negatives get above 65% 0bama will never back off his quest.

See previous performance.

jukin3 on December 1, 2012 at 4:41 PM

rockmom on November 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I was suspended twice myself. The first time was after engaging Roland Martin about Trayvon Martin. I had only been on Twitter for a week when that happened. The second time was also engaging a liberal.

I filled out an appeal on them and those suspensions were lifted within a few days with no explanation why the suspension in the first place.

Conservative4Ever on December 2, 2012 at 12:32 PM