Green Room

Did Bill Clinton win because of Gennifer Flowers?

posted at 2:10 pm on November 29, 2012 by

So says, er, Gennifer Flowers — who’s not exactly new to self-promotion — in an interview for a New Orleans television station.  She also claims that Clinton has tried to stay in touch with her as late as 2005, presumably out of gratitude:

Flowers appeared this week on New Orleans TV station WGNO in an interview with reporter Susan Roesgen, who once worked in Little Rock, where Flowers’s affair with Clinton occurred. In the interview, Roesgen pours Flowers a glass of red wine, since the interview is occurring in the “Twist Bar,” and the pair sets out to dish about General David Petraeus and the past.

“It amazes me that this type of thing continues to happen,” Flowers, now 62, said before going into her own history.

She said, “I made him [Clinton] a household name overnight. We had had that discussion. He said, ‘My problem right now is that no one knows who I am. I need that name recognition.’ He went on to talk about the other candidates and the advantages they had. When my story came out, he was a household name.”

“Are you serious?” Roesgen asked.

“I’m very serious,” Flowers said, before adding that Clinton contacted her as late as 2005 asking to see her.

She said that she told Clinton to leave her alone. (Helpful hint, Gennifer: Maybe you should stop trading on his name.)

Be sure to read more about Flowers’ business efforts over the years to get an idea of how well she has managed to do just that.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Flowers appeared this week on New Orleans TV station WGNO in an interview with reporter Susan Roesgen

That’s the part that caught my attention. Is this dear little Susan Roesgen who got sh-tcanned by CNN over her on-air tirade at that Tea Party protest nearly 4 years ago? She’s now working at a local TV station in New Orleans? How many leftie journalists have had their careers nosedive since Obama arrived on the scene? We need to start keeping a list.

Doughboy on November 29, 2012 at 2:25 PM

“Are you serious?” Roesgen asked.

So after CNN fired her (for this), she winds up at a local news outfit in New Orleans.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

I call BS on Flowers AND on Roesgen.

steebo77 on November 29, 2012 at 2:38 PM

LADY PARTS!

Pork-Chop on November 29, 2012 at 5:04 PM

i think roesgen would be proud to say she used up more condoms than fluke did.

badge of honor among that sort.

renalin on November 29, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Only if he deflowered Gennifer.

tommy71 on November 30, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Gennifer Flowers was the pioneer of “How to Get Rich by Screwing the Governor”, continued over 20 years later by Ashley Dupree with Client Number 9, aka Eliot Spitzer, and Mark Sanford’s Argentinian soul mate whose name I’ve forgotten.

Strangely enough, there are enough sick gossip tabloids out there who can sell this stuff to even sicker readers, that even men can get rich this way…for example Levi Johnston with Bristol Palin.

It’s a tragic offshoot of the world’s oldest profession, but blackmail sells.

Steve Z on November 30, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Top Pick

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.