Green Room

Caption this: Biden at Costco

posted at 2:40 pm on November 29, 2012 by

Joe Biden goes shopping at Costco in the middle of the fiscal-cliff (non)negotiations, and gives everyone a reason to wonder what it is he does with his days:

Biden’s cart held, among other things, flowers, children’s  books, fire logs, a 32-inch Panasonic TV and a large apple pie. The books, he said, were for a Delaware charity that his wife, Jill, had started. He said he picked titles based on “things I know my grandkids like.”

Biden did a loop of nearly the entire store, including bakery and frozen foods.

He spent some time looking at watches, including one that cost $1,200, and he put in a call to his daughter, Ashley, saying he needed to “get some guidance.” But it’s unknown whether he actually purchased a watch.

Biden also ate several Costco food samples and appeared to enjoy them. (Who wouldn’t?)

But he turned down employees who tried to lure him to the tire department. “Hey man, I don’t need tires,” he said. “I don’t drive anymore.”

One reason for having a VP who served in Congress is to facilitate negotiations on legislation.  So why is Biden grazing the free-sample range at Costco rather than making the rounds on Capitol Hill?

On the other hand, we’d be short of caption-contest material without these public appearances:

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

My goodness — he looks like a cross between Spiro Agnew and Soupy Sales in that picture.

Mr. D on November 29, 2012 at 9:08 PM

“What do you mean I should be serving the American people? I’m Joe ‘I’m a Big Deal’ Biden!”

Imrahil on November 29, 2012 at 9:20 PM

which one of you lovely ladies would like your very own obama phone?

deimos on November 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

This is a big f*****g deal!

This phone sure is better than any Obama phone….

Barack?

Hello, Barack?

Shaughnessy on November 29, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Seriously mr. president they CAN smell the alcohol seeping out of my skin.

tomas on November 29, 2012 at 10:34 PM

“Yo Barack! Dude, I just pinched off a nose curler at Costco! Should I blame it on this black lady standing next to me?”

BruthaMan on November 29, 2012 at 11:14 PM

“I’m not kidding Barack, she says she’s your cousin from Kenya. How many relatives you have living in the US illegally?”

BruthaMan on November 29, 2012 at 11:29 PM

No caption, but boy does that lady on the far right, seen profile, lovely smile, wearing the print jacket, look just like my sister! Gonna have to call and interrogate her as to her whereabouts…

😉

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 30, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Barack, She has Peter Pan in her cart, I thought I was Peter Pan? You tell her to put Peter Pan back on the self, or I’ll say something stupid!

Drill and Fill on November 30, 2012 at 2:03 AM

CAPTION:

“Memory . . . memory! Can I buy some memory, I seem to have lost mine. Or was it common scents? Or is that common sense? Can’t remember? Maybe it was CHAINS! . . . you know, for the winter. You know those are a big f@#$ing deal in parts of the North . . . or is it the South. They have soooo much stuff here. Who says we have a bad economy. It’s turned around here.

[pause]

Sorry what was I saying?”

EdmundBurke247 on November 30, 2012 at 8:08 AM

“Sarah, connect me to Floyd.”

mwdiver on November 30, 2012 at 9:43 AM

“Hey Hillary, I bet you can’t guess how many clean and articulate black folks are standing next to me at Costco right now!”

Tiberius2 on November 30, 2012 at 9:49 AM

“Don’t listen to the Republicans. They want to put y’all back in Sam’s Club!”

Tiberius2 on November 30, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Most likely, this is the kind of thing Biden will be doing from now on.

RebeccaH on November 30, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I have the *best* freakin’ job in the whole world!”

exliberal on November 30, 2012 at 10:44 AM

But he turned down employees who tried to lure him to the tire department. “Hey man, I don’t need tires,” he said. “I don’t drive anymore.”

Yeah well jackass, I don’t need Obamacare and you forced that on me. Now get in here and buy some tires.

Happy Nomad on November 30, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 30, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Lady, you’re gonna hafta get your sister an “I’m with Stupid” shirt just in case she runs into Joe again.

Laura in Maryland on December 1, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Top Pick

Slow your roll, boss

Top Pick

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.

Good lack of work if you can get it

GOP takes 2 more special House races, meaning what?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 21, 2017 8:41 AM

Two more demoralizing moral victories for Dems.

Not a murder, but nearly as awful

GA Election results thread Update: Handel wins!

John Sexton Jun 20, 2017 7:10 PM

Late night?

7 p.m. ET: The election to end all elections

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 7:01 PM

Endgame.

Dashcam footage: The shooting of Philando Castile

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 6:31 PM

“Sir, I have to tell you that I do have a firearm on me.”

“Military personnel had to neutralize an individual.”

Because that’s pretty much the same thing, you see

“Now is the time to be more visible.”

“If you’re frustrated by the lack of transparency in this process, I share your frustration.”

Uh oh.

“No matter how radical, offensive, biased, prejudiced, fascist the program is?”

No regrets

And it’s not just your imagination

“The hopeless fear Warmbier is now experiencing is my daily reality…”

Kicking him when he’s down.

Of pigeons and terrorists

Jazz Shaw Jun 20, 2017 12:01 PM

A terrorist by any other name…

Some things require a sledgehammer, not a scalpel

Closing the gap.