Obama and Romney to have lunch tomorrow at the White House
posted at 10:33 am on November 28, 2012 by Allahpundit
Dude, three words: Secretary of Business.
It will be the first meeting since the election’s end.
However, the White House said there will be no press coverage of the meeting.
Given O’s famous disdain for Mitt and Romney’s natural awkwardness, that joint presser would have been one for the ages. Pity it’s not happening.
Exit question: Is this pure window dressing, designed to show the public that Obama’s a bipartisan kinda guy so that he can blame House Republicans for obstruction if the fiscal-cliff talks break down? Or does he actually want to offer Romney some sort of position? Hint hint.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation