Once more, with feeling: More guns = less crime
posted at 5:02 pm on November 26, 2012 by Erika Johnsen
Criminals will always be able to obtain firearms — the best and most effective antidote to this reality is allowing law-abiding citizens to arm themselves, plain and simple.
Gun-related violence has fallen steadily since 2006 in Virginia despite record firearm sales, according to a university professor’s analysis. …
Baker’s analysis shows the number of gun purchases soared 73 percent in the six-year period, while gun-related violent crimes fell 24 percent.
Baker, who specializes in research methods and criminology theory, said the comparison seems to contradict the premise that more guns lead to more crime in Virginia.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Dan Pfeiffer – Mr. Irrelevant
- IRS To Pro-Life Groups: You Know You’re Gonna Have To Give Up This Whole Protest Thing, Right?
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can