Newt: I’m not ruling out 2016
posted at 12:47 pm on November 26, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
Could Newt Gingrich run for President in 2016? He certainly could, but whether or not he can build a following again would be an open question:
The former Republican presidential candidate and House Speaker said he has not ruled out running for president in 2016 — but first the GOP must take on a “very serious analysis” of what went wrong in 2012, Gingrich said.
“I have no idea at this stage,” Gingrich said, referring to another run for the White House.
I’d assume at this point that any “very serious analysis” would show that the GOP needs some fresh new faces in leadership, but never underestimate Gingrich.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained