Green Room

Bill Whittle: Why don’t Republicans commit to their own story?

posted at 10:18 am on November 25, 2012 by

I’m a few days late on this video, but as brilliant as Bill Whittle normally is, he’s even more so in this speech given at David Horowitz’ Restoration Weekend a week ago. If we can’t commit to our own message and defend it in the media, why would we expect voters to support it?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

The liberal media has a strangle-hold on our culture. Many of us would vote for Bill Whittle in a heartbeat, but he would be eviscerated. The conservative-living, liberal media-watching populus will be duped again. It’s a daunting problem that won’t be solved simply by having the right candidate.

I do love listening to Whittle… and Prager. If one of them had his own show on CBS I’d feel a lot better.

MT on November 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM

There ya go. That’s why Whittle won’t run. And in hindsight, I’m convinced that Sarah Palin didn’t run for much the same reasons.

gryphon202 on November 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Are you kidding me? Good grief, liberals make up at least 20% of the Republican Party.

lowandslow on November 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Looking at the Senate, I believe your percentage is low (and slow). I think it moght be time to change parties. I wonder what would happen if all the Conservatives, who are no longer embraced by the GOP, switched to Democrats and started diluting the Dem’s Socialist philosophy. Just a thought…

Fallon on November 26, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I might be using a drawl today, or… moght = might.

Fallon on November 26, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Compare Whittle to Graham/Corker and others that appear on the MSM just so they can disavow their conservative principles.

We can’t just rely on one leader to evangelize conservatism when there are dozens that will disavow it. We must have strong conservative surrogates.

faraway on November 26, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Rs are always fools.

Schadenfreude on November 26, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Bill Whittle for President!!!

Schadenfreude on November 26, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Principals have no principles, alas…it’s late, very late.

Schadenfreude on November 26, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Fallon on November 26, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I think it depends on where it happens. At the grass-root levels maybe, most Democrats don’t like socialism, but the loud and powerful ones seem hell-bent on eventually achieving it

I imagine it would be as difficult as getting across a conservative message on American College Campuses.

DeathtotheSwiss on November 26, 2012 at 1:36 PM

On what planet does this happen?

ernesto on November 25, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Schadenfreude on November 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Whittle should’ve been Romney’s speechwriter–and whoever’s going after it in 2016 should hire him now.

stukinIL4now on November 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM