Green Room

Bill Whittle: Why don’t Republicans commit to their own story?

posted at 10:18 am on November 25, 2012 by

I’m a few days late on this video, but as brilliant as Bill Whittle normally is, he’s even more so in this speech given at David Horowitz’ Restoration Weekend a week ago. If we can’t commit to our own message and defend it in the media, why would we expect voters to support it?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

The liberal media has a strangle-hold on our culture. Many of us would vote for Bill Whittle in a heartbeat, but he would be eviscerated. The conservative-living, liberal media-watching populus will be duped again. It’s a daunting problem that won’t be solved simply by having the right candidate.

I do love listening to Whittle… and Prager. If one of them had his own show on CBS I’d feel a lot better.

MT on November 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM

There ya go. That’s why Whittle won’t run. And in hindsight, I’m convinced that Sarah Palin didn’t run for much the same reasons.

gryphon202 on November 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Are you kidding me? Good grief, liberals make up at least 20% of the Republican Party.

lowandslow on November 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Looking at the Senate, I believe your percentage is low (and slow). I think it moght be time to change parties. I wonder what would happen if all the Conservatives, who are no longer embraced by the GOP, switched to Democrats and started diluting the Dem’s Socialist philosophy. Just a thought…

Fallon on November 26, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I might be using a drawl today, or… moght = might.

Fallon on November 26, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Compare Whittle to Graham/Corker and others that appear on the MSM just so they can disavow their conservative principles.

We can’t just rely on one leader to evangelize conservatism when there are dozens that will disavow it. We must have strong conservative surrogates.

faraway on November 26, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Rs are always fools.

Schadenfreude on November 26, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Bill Whittle for President!!!

Schadenfreude on November 26, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Principals have no principles, alas…it’s late, very late.

Schadenfreude on November 26, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Fallon on November 26, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I think it depends on where it happens. At the grass-root levels maybe, most Democrats don’t like socialism, but the loud and powerful ones seem hell-bent on eventually achieving it

I imagine it would be as difficult as getting across a conservative message on American College Campuses.

DeathtotheSwiss on November 26, 2012 at 1:36 PM

On what planet does this happen?

ernesto on November 25, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Schadenfreude on November 26, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Whittle should’ve been Romney’s speechwriter–and whoever’s going after it in 2016 should hire him now.

stukinIL4now on November 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Top Pick

No extra beatings required, thanks

A “”massive, massive f*** up…”

This is totally amazing!

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!