Green Room

Video: The joy of hate

posted at 12:00 pm on November 24, 2012 by

A fun interview with Greg Gutfeld from Reason TV about his new book. Lots of cultural upsides to taking his advice, starting with the fact that if all the fake outrage was stripped out of presidential campaigns, the race would be three weeks long.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

will Greg sign the screen of my Kindle Fire?

kurtzz3 on November 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Average interview. I was hoping for more. I don’t hate it, I don’t love it. Eh.

Paul-Cincy on November 24, 2012 at 12:45 PM

The word “tolerant” means to hate the holy living hell out of something, but put up with it anyway. No liberal has ever done that, and no liberal ever will. It’s just another word that the LiberalSpeak dictionary has re-defined into its own acronym.

Conservatives’ biggest problem is that we are far, far too tolerant. At some point that has to end.

logis on November 24, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Repressive tolerance.

Thank you for the link, AP.

tuffy on November 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM

This would have been a great interview for Rolling Stone. A lot discussion of different bands; almost nothing about the book.

RoadRunner on November 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM

My biggest issue is the same. I was working for the RNC in the 80s-90s, with a pink mohawk and Dead Kennedys jamming. Hard to explain the disconnect to those purists on either side. There’s actually a lot of us out here, punk Reaganites.

di butler on November 24, 2012 at 9:11 PM

rogerb on November 24, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Are you done defending flat-earth ideology? Did that open an opportunity to post irrelevant out of context and edited comments here?

lester on November 24, 2012 at 1:14 PM

The joy of hate?

rogerb on November 24, 2012 at 9:33 PM

It’s really a shame Gillespie doesn’t know when to shut up. After about the fourth interruption of Gutfeld saying something interesting I stopped watching.

rdbrewer on November 25, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I don’t know if he has the exact personality for it, but he should take up the Breitbart sword.

Cindy Munford on November 25, 2012 at 9:12 AM

rdbrewer on November 25, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Absolutely correct…it seemed as though Gillespie was determined that Gutfield never actually complete a point.

Blaise on November 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM

logis on November 24, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Like the expression, “tolerance for pain”. Somebody (I think it was Chesterton, but I can’t confirm it) once said, “Absolute tolerance eventually leads to absolute intolerance”.

Ward Cleaver on November 26, 2012 at 10:24 AM