Green Room

Video: Time for the annual “shoppers going berserk on Black Friday” clip

posted at 8:49 am on November 23, 2012 by

Via Drudge, my hunch is that this is all (or mostly) old footage from Black Fridays past and we’re oohing and aahing over the same dumb stampede clips every year.

But who cares? The point here is to feel superior to the hordes battling hand to hand over a prepaid cell phone or whatever. Here you go, then. Revel in it.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I wanna send all these people to Rhode Island. There would be an idiot to a square inch. I am superior.

Slade73 on November 23, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Revelling…

Wait. Get outta my WAY!!!!

I got the last Furby! Why is Tickle Me Elmo sticky? Ew!!!

Fallon on November 23, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I went to Target and it was busy but civilized.

I wouldn’t step foot in WalMart on Black Friday if someone paid me.

gophergirl on November 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM

hehe

there’s a really big dude holding back some little girl. Her epitaph will read “serial-crushed by some huge friggin’ guy”

Slade73 on November 23, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Walmart Black Friday Fighting Over Phones During 2012

Hey! While I was grabbing a pre-paid phone, someone boosted my ObamaPhone right outta my purse!!!?!!!

Fallon on November 23, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I wouldn’t go near Obamaphone lady, she’d probably eat me

Slade73 on November 23, 2012 at 9:35 AM

then she’d say – Keep Obama in President

Slade73 on November 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Most of us are familiar with Depression-era photos of people politely standing in line at the local soup kitchen, or waiting patiently for a loaf of bread. This is a glimpse of what it’ll be like if this country suffers another financial meltdown.

Hill60 on November 23, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I would comment, but I must punch this chick in the face for getting the last Ipad.

lorien1973 on November 23, 2012 at 10:22 AM

F’n Animals! Just a bunch of Fn animals! Is it any wonder people voted for the Obumbler? Our society is filled with F’n animals!

Tbone McGraw on November 23, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I went to walmart at 3 AM today mostly because I am a third shifter ( for now won a first shift posting 4 weeks ago still waiting to go ) it was still busy. I picked up some food, and checked my blood pressure ( I have stage 1 at a ripe age of 34 )…yeah never in my life I do walmart black Friday or any store for that matter. Nothing is worth it… plus it will be marked down a week before Christmas anyways… or even after and then you do your Christmas!

watertown on November 23, 2012 at 11:03 AM

news at 9:00 – Tracfone Stampede kills 13, wounds 13, video gets 666 hits on youtube

Slade73 on November 23, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Nothing says “SAVVY SHOPPER” like waiting in line for four hours to pay $20 less for a TV than it was price-marked Turkey Day Eve.

Jeddite on November 23, 2012 at 11:07 AM

The more retailers have pushed frenzied shopping on Black Friday, and now on Thanksgiving, the less I want to spend on Christmas gifts, period. I think this year will be the least I spend.

Anyone else feel the same?

SPCOlympics on November 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Anyone else feel the same?

SPCOlympics on November 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Yup.

Fallon on November 23, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I guess I’m old but I’ve had enough of the same old stories the media drags out:

turkeys
TG calories
airports
BF
repeat for Christmas but add jerks stealing little kids presents.

Blake on November 23, 2012 at 11:28 AM

That’s because I am superior to these animals.

There. Someone has to say it.

CurtZHP on November 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Two words: Online shopping.

mjk on November 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM

And, no, I didn’t watch the clip.

CurtZHP on November 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Got a good nights sleep and didn’t get up til 8.
I have no intention of ever going near any stores with all these psychos in the middle of the night – besides, the deals really aren’t all that good.
One of our Walmarts had a Black Friday sale on Sig M4 type assualt rifle for about $100 off regular price – they were only going to 3 in the store, and the gun purchase paperwork couldn’t be processed until 9 am. I asked the clerk (a couple days ago) if they were actually trying to set up a shootout in the store over guns.
The only shopping I plan to do today is a visit to Sportsman’s Warehouse for ammo to go shooting tomorrow. I just need to figure a way in that avoids the traffic of the mall next door.

dentarthurdent on November 23, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Animals.

portlandon on November 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM

oh, I got my Tracfone! oh, I got knocked the phuck out!

Slade73 on November 23, 2012 at 11:46 AM

And, no, I didn’t watch the clip.

CurtZHP on November 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Same clip as on Drudge. Just mobs battling over cheap crap.

dentarthurdent on November 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM

There is no deal that is worth going through that nonsense…

JohnGalt23 on November 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM

There is no deal that is worth going through that nonsense…

JohnGalt23 on November 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Ain’t that the truth – and none of those idiots realize it…..

dentarthurdent on November 23, 2012 at 11:51 AM

I saw a black person in that clip. Sorry, AP, but you’re now officially RACIST!!!1!!!1!ELEVENTY!! Again.

These Black Friday crowds are turning me into a supporter of Buy Nothing Day.

JimLennon on November 23, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Check the news articles on Drudge. A 14 year old got attacked and robbed by 5 men outside a Bed, Bath & Beyond near Annapolis, MD at 2 am. What the he!! is a 14 year old doing doing out shopping by himself at 2 am?

dentarthurdent on November 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Capitalism.

libfreeordie on November 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM

that’s not capitalism, those are Obama voters

Slade73 on November 23, 2012 at 12:13 PM

thus socialist and stupid

mental prowess stunted almost entirely, they can all still text 95 miles an hour.

Slade73 on November 23, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Capitalism.

libfreeordie on November 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM

And all those Cubans who over the years fled Castro, risking life and limb on leaky rafts — that’s marxism. I’ll take a Black Friday I don’t participate in over total control over my life, thank you very much.

Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed.

Bugger off, Michelle.

rbj on November 23, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Two words: Online shopping.

Learn it, live it, love it.

kim roy on November 23, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Gee, I wonder how Obama ever got re-elected…

right2bright on November 23, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Two words: Online shopping.

mjk on November 23, 2012 at 11:34 AM

LOL. Should have read the comments first. ;)

kim roy on November 23, 2012 at 12:54 PM

There is no deal that is worth going through that nonsense…

JohnGalt23 on November 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM

You’d almost think they were selling eternal life. It looked like some idiot software or game that will be 75% off in a few months.

kim roy on November 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM

oooh, a smiley :)

Slade73 on November 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Someone on Facebook called it Democrat Friday. Heh.

changer1701 on November 23, 2012 at 1:00 PM

the reluctant Black Friday Shopper:

“how much is this ‘ere…uhhhhm…Tracfone,” oops I got stampeded

Slade73 on November 23, 2012 at 1:14 PM

My husband went to Walmart last night to get a cheap laptop (we needed one since our other one was broken), and he said it was pretty crowded, but orderly. So he didn’t have any issues.

This morning went to the local Books A Million to do some Christmas shopping for my stepkids (got them some mangas, or Japanese graphic novels), plus a little bit for myself (got myself a couple of mangas and a really cheap back scratcher). Wasn’t crowded at all in the store.

ScoopPC11 on November 23, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Went to Walmart and Target. Both were fine. Prior years, Walmart was a mess, but this year they were only letting in a couple of people at a time.

El_Terrible on November 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Yet another display of the decline of civilization in this country; subhumans.

elihu on November 23, 2012 at 1:57 PM

If they’d riot for lower taxes, everything would be on sale.

Ronnie on November 23, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Obamaphones! First come first serve!

TarheelBen on November 23, 2012 at 2:57 PM

This is how 47 percent of Americans shop. Romney was right they are a lost cause.

aebloo on November 23, 2012 at 5:43 PM

This is exactly why I have at least 6 months of provisions and ammo stored away…

Seven Percent Solution on November 23, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I ended up being called to the floor for the 8:00 start at my Walmart. A couple of my managers were trying to keep customers from getting to the merchandise early and wanted help with cutting the shrink wrap off at 8:00. The side I was on had DSI XLs, which there were plenty of but the other side had a kids nubi tablet or something that there weren’t as many of and everyone wanted. As the manager on that side was cutting the plastic he was being shoved into the shelves, and the shelves at the end of the display which had nothing on them got knocked down, and one of the other guys was trying to hold them up so no one got hurt. He said he heard one of the custumers say they go hit in the head when they were trying to get them also. I just pulled the plastic off and got out of the way, my side of the display wasn’t as bad. The funny thing is the tablets were off the shelves in 30 seconds, but some of the people that got them didn’t even end up buying them. There were some back on the shelves today… There was an incident at 10:00 to, but I didn’t hear the whole story on that one. No one was hurt during the event, but it was quite interesting… I had one of the easier nights I’ve worked other than that.

Gianni on November 24, 2012 at 4:27 AM

I like the title of the Youtube clip.

Walmart Black Friday Fighting Over Phones During 2012, White People Act Like Animals

Classy.

CorporatePiggy on November 24, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Want extra fun? Try pulling a long shift on Black Friday on the 3rd day on the job. How jolly! And within 20 feet of both a place selling German roasted nuts…ever tried selling stuff when you’re salivating from the constant take-me-now-Lord delicious smell? Oh yes, and let’s not forget the jewelry store right across the aisle from your workplace, reminding you every d@mn 5 minutes that you can’t afford an engagement ring.

For even MORE enjoyment, get told by your boss (only after asking) about 3/4ths of the day in that today is do-or-die for your level 1 certification. Here’s hoping I passed…

Ironically enough, business was actually so slow by the evening i was sent home early. Less surprising after hearing a coworker repeat an estimate of 60 million fewer shoppers than last year. Thanks for nothing Maobama…literally!!!

MelonCollie on November 24, 2012 at 11:42 AM