RIP Peace 11/19/12
posted at 3:24 pm on November 22, 2012 by Duane Patterson
Now you might think this is going to be about the Israeli-Hamas conflict or something, and say wait a minute, this is Thanksgiving, foul, this is out of bounds. But i’m not committing a foul. I’m talking about fowl. Peace, one of the two turkeys Barack Obama sent to a life of luxury at the Mount Vernon Estate after receiving last year’s Thanksgiving pardon, fell ill and was euthanized last Monday. I’m assuming it was golden brown and delicious when served this afternoon.
CNN, who with only a precious few exceptions looked the other way whenever there were campaign or administration irregularities involving anything Obama, tried to reclaim their journalistic integrity by investigating the suspicious timing surrounding the death of Peace, being so close to Thanksgiving and all. I’m not joking.
We had four Americans die in very suspicious circumstances in Benghazi a copule of months ago. Do you suppose CNN could spare a reporter or two to actually go investigate and ask a couple of questions, instead of reading the White House talking points and moving on to more pressing issues, like expired turkeys?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation