Green Room

Pavlich shoots an Uzi

posted at 1:04 pm on November 19, 2012 by

The NRA celebrated it’s 141st birthday over the weekend so it’s only appropriate I post a video of myself shooting a fully automatic Uzi to celebrate.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

dentarthurdent on November 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Indeed – plus, spelling is good for HA Capitalism.

Schadenfreude on November 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Nice one Katie.

I wish my female family members enjoyed shooting. They’re gifted but they don’t really see the point unless it involves someone breaking the door down or a carjacking.

Utilitarians are the new fascists.

CorporatePiggy on November 19, 2012 at 5:28 PM

The Uzi is fun to shoot. Rented a full auto version myself once and went through 2 boxes of 9mm in seconds… but what a blast!

Yakko77 on November 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Esthetically, I prefer the older ones without the handle type fore grip. Its too far away to use the rubber band trick and changes the way the weapon is held.

Any of the older Uzis could be easily made to rock&roll. No modification to the gun, only a little practice.

9mm full auto ain’t too expensive if you think ahead. Except when you rent from a gun range and have to use their ammo.

cozmo on November 19, 2012 at 5:30 PM

The right’s problem is that they are often more simple than the idiotic morons on the left.

Schadenfreude on November 19, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Tsk, tsk.

“More simple”?

“more simple” sounds studied, affected and regressive. From a purely etymological point of view “more simple” is almost a contradiction in terms: sim – ple (from Latin sine – without /plexus – a twining, convolution)

Anyways, I like discussing guns; don’t care for grammar nazis.

Norwegian on November 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM

WTH?? “it’s” IS correct here, McFly?

redhead on November 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM

No, it isn’t. The possessive of “it” is “its”, while the contractive form of “it is” is “it’s”.

GWB on November 19, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Hold the phone, there are TWO instances of the word here, I missed one and saw the other. My fault

redhead on November 19, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Miss you here U of A Katie. Make us proud. 104.1 listener.

You’ve made a lot of ground fast. Happy for you. 🙂

wolly4321 on November 19, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Great minds talk about ideas.
Average minds talk about people.
Idiots correct spelling.
unclesmrgol on November 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM

My rule of thumb is that if I understand what the person wrote I don’t fret about their spelling, punctuation and such. If the wording is such that I don’t understand something I ask for clarification.

I like to think KP was also doing a bit of an homage to the IDF with the vid.

whatcat on November 19, 2012 at 6:41 PM

And for most belligerent jugheads, the noise alone says, “YOU PICKED THE WRONG HOUSE, NUMBNUTS!!”

CurtZHP on November 19, 2012 at 3:09 PM

+1. I was once told in a small town that a certain model of twin-barrel breakaway was very popular for home/business defense and basically nothing else. (not much to hunt in that area besides jackrabbits) Big BRUTE of a gun; and an older model that was dirt cheap. The sound of it being fired anywhere but the gun range meant citizens/the sheriff/cops came running, because it meant “I just fired in self-defense”.

Oh yes…and there was at least one recorded instance of someone who mistook slug rounds for buckshot and literally blew a criminal in half.

MelonCollie on November 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM

MelonCollie on November 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Gotta love happy endings…..

dentarthurdent on November 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Comment pages: 1 2

Top Pick

Dude.

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM
Top Pick

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”

Currently doing a search for “good international trade lawyers”

Ransomware attack spreads through Europe

John Sexton Jun 27, 2017 1:01 PM

“A massive ransomware campaign is currently unfolding worldwide.”

At least their address rarely changes

It just keeps on happening

“Trump is good for business right now.”

Start spreading the news…

“Now it’s time for the next step.”

A “cryptic” warning to Bashar al-Assad?

Jazz Shaw Jun 27, 2017 8:01 AM

The three strikes rule may be in effect

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.