Green Room

Mary Katharine Ham: Legend

posted at 9:02 am on November 19, 2012 by

Let’s start the week off right with a photo from this weekend’s UGA game taken by reader James R.

You’d think a campus legend would be asked to sing the national anthem before home games now and then. (Hint hint.)

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

:-)

ITguy on November 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM

You deserve better than having your name chopped and being on the scoreboard for a game with Georgia Southern…

radjah shelduck on November 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Give the people what they want!

juanito on November 19, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Sweet!

Abby Adams on November 19, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Go Ham!

Fezzik on November 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM

It today’s screwed up fascist world of far too many campuses I am always surprised when a conservative is celebrated (seeing MKH’s picture it is the first thing that pops into my mind). Good on UGA for not bending to the dictatorial mindset of other universities, and congrats MKH.

NotCoach on November 19, 2012 at 9:40 AM

NotCoach, MKH can obviously speak on this with more authority than me, but my impression has always been that UGA isn’t really a bastion of far left thought. I think maybe with the exception of Vanderbilt you can say that about all the SEC.

radjah shelduck on November 19, 2012 at 9:48 AM

GOOOOOOOOOOO DAWGS!! SIC ‘EM!

dernst2 on November 19, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Go YellowJackets!

poppieseeds on November 19, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Was that the KissCam? :-)

KS Rex on November 19, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Go dawgs! Go MKH!

Donald Draper on November 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Obvious Photoshop!! :)

Hill60 on November 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Meanwhile, the 5 conservative students at Fordham can’t even trial balloon an Ann Coulter speech without getting hammered by the man. Hint to conservative elitists, please think twice before going all snide about Southern universities, NASCAR, country music, evangelicals, etc.

Knott Buyinit on November 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I was an history major at UGA and graduated from there in May 2008; I can guarantee you that blantant Communists teach there (but at least they entertain opposing arguments). As for admin… not sure. I remember them being notorious for extending the middle finger in relation to tailgaiting, and that’s about it…

onetrickpony on November 19, 2012 at 10:24 AM

radjah shelduck on November 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Maybe the best way to fix that is have the SEC schedule an actual 9th game like other conferences do? Creampuff weekend is laughable to much of the country.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on November 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Can’t get much better than that MK, you da Girl!!! ;-)

TXUS on November 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Knott Buyinit on November 19, 2012 at 10:21 AM

That’s pathetic. I’m a Fordham grad, and it makes me sad to see how “The Jesuit University of New York” (TM) panders to the left. The old time Jesuits that I had aren’t a presence any more, and it makes me more sad than nostalic to visit the campus. Sigh.

JoAnn1965 on November 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM

You sing? Shouldn’t you start with a smaller audience? Like, uh, for example … HotGas readers?

:D

Paul-Cincy on November 19, 2012 at 10:50 AM

S Carolina laughs at the UGA.

lorien1973 on November 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM

onetrickpony on November 19, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I minored in History and agree with this quote completely. I majored in political science and have to say they were some of the most unbiased professors. None of them shared their political beliefs (I don’t think they were allowed to) and all of them allowed for healthy discussion.

One of them turned me onto Realclearpolitics which to me seems to have a bit of a conservative slant, at least with the opinion section.

dernst2 on November 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I assume MKH was selected for Legendary stories that persist about her college exploits … do tell! ;-)

ShainS on November 19, 2012 at 11:07 AM

radjah shelduck on November 19, 2012 at 9:48 AM

:( My family adopted Vandy as a favorite team when we moved to the Middle Tennessee region. We’ve been so impressed with the sports programs, especially baseball. Tim Corbin is such a class act and we even went to Omaha for their first trip to the CWS.

However, the attack on religious freedom from the school admin is really souring my support. If not for my husband (who isn’t nearly so political and not religious at all), I’d cancel our season tickets. It’s even worse since my new parish priest is also the chaplain at University Catholic, formerly Vandy Catholic, and through his blogging about the atmosphere of the campus, I’m really losing the ability to support the teams at all. They’re becoming like Notre Dame to me. I hate seeing them at no. 1, thanks to the *bites tongue* Jesuit president’s invitation to Obama/arrest of the faithful Catholic protesters, dissident theologians like O’brien, etc… where as when I was younger, I loved them. /rant

*sad*

pannw on November 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM

pannw on November 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Ooops, that should be McBrien, not O’brien.

pannw on November 19, 2012 at 11:29 AM

pannw on November 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM

And Jenkins is not Jesuit…*sigh* I need some coffee. *shutting up now*

pannw on November 19, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I like my Ham honey baked!

devan95 on November 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM

MKH is a’ight if you like tall women who fell hook line and sinker for the media’s Gaffetastic Romney Foreign trip media narrative.

Slade73 on November 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM

That is so cool! Congrats on them overlooking your political affiliation.

Cindy Munford on November 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM

What happened to the “War on Bacon”…?

… I enjoyed the ‘drinking game’ when ever anyone touched their hair.

Seven Percent Solution on November 19, 2012 at 1:53 PM

YOUR A BULLDOG?!

My Gator heart is broken.

peacenprosperity on November 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM

You’re…yes we can spell at Florida.

peacenprosperity on November 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM