Video: Nancy Pelosi, constitutional scholar
posted at 12:12 pm on November 16, 2012 by Allahpundit
Via Breitbart, the latest deep thought from a legislator who once described ObamaCare as a “right” and famously replied to a question about the constitutional underpinnings of the mandate with, “Are you serious?” This time the subject was the debt ceiling.
I’d pay good money to watch her — or actually any member of Congress — take a pop quiz on the Constitution designed for, say, a seventh-grade civics class. Nothing fancy, just the basics on different federal powers and where in the document those powers are (or aren’t) specifically granted. No studying, though; it has to be a pop quiz so that we can see what sort of knowledge our leaders are walking around with day to day. How many do you suppose would pass?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation