Video: Nancy Pelosi, constitutional scholar
posted at 12:12 pm on November 16, 2012 by Allahpundit
Via Breitbart, the latest deep thought from a legislator who once described ObamaCare as a “right” and famously replied to a question about the constitutional underpinnings of the mandate with, “Are you serious?” This time the subject was the debt ceiling.
I’d pay good money to watch her — or actually any member of Congress — take a pop quiz on the Constitution designed for, say, a seventh-grade civics class. Nothing fancy, just the basics on different federal powers and where in the document those powers are (or aren’t) specifically granted. No studying, though; it has to be a pop quiz so that we can see what sort of knowledge our leaders are walking around with day to day. How many do you suppose would pass?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?
- Friendly reminder from the White House about ObamaCare: “It’s. The. Law.”