Re: Twinkies — It’s all “Bain-style Wall Street vultures’” fault, or something
posted at 2:15 pm on November 16, 2012 by Erika Johnsen
Ed and MKH have the full rundown of today’s Twinkies news covered, but of course, everybody’s favorite union leader has to put in his two nonsensical cents. Because what ran afoul at Hostess’s headquarters was obviously… er… Mitt Romney!
“What’s happening with Hostess Brands is a microcosm of what’s wrong with America, as Bain-style Wall Street vultures make themselves rich by making America poor,” Trumka said in a public statement. “Crony capitalism and consistently poor management drove Hostess into the ground, but its workers are paying the price.” …
“These workers, who consistently make great products Americans love and have offered multiple concessions, want their company to succeed,” Trumka said in the statement. “They have bravely taken a stand against the corporate race-to-the-bottom. And now they and their communities are suffering the tragedy of a needless layoff. This is wrong. It has to stop. It’s wrecking America.”
No. What’s “wrong with America” is ludicrously over-the-top populist agitating that bears resemblance to neither logic nor reality.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation