Re: Twinkies — It’s all “Bain-style Wall Street vultures’” fault, or something
posted at 2:15 pm on November 16, 2012 by Erika Johnsen
Ed and MKH have the full rundown of today’s Twinkies news covered, but of course, everybody’s favorite union leader has to put in his two nonsensical cents. Because what ran afoul at Hostess’s headquarters was obviously… er… Mitt Romney!
“What’s happening with Hostess Brands is a microcosm of what’s wrong with America, as Bain-style Wall Street vultures make themselves rich by making America poor,” Trumka said in a public statement. “Crony capitalism and consistently poor management drove Hostess into the ground, but its workers are paying the price.” …
“These workers, who consistently make great products Americans love and have offered multiple concessions, want their company to succeed,” Trumka said in the statement. “They have bravely taken a stand against the corporate race-to-the-bottom. And now they and their communities are suffering the tragedy of a needless layoff. This is wrong. It has to stop. It’s wrecking America.”
No. What’s “wrong with America” is ludicrously over-the-top populist agitating that bears resemblance to neither logic nor reality.
Recently in the Green Room:
- IRS To Pro-Life Groups: You Know You’re Gonna Have To Give Up This Whole Protest Thing, Right?
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?