How Long Can The Left Continue To Defy Economic Gravity?
posted at 3:20 pm on November 16, 2012 by Duane Patterson
AP, you saw who is really to blame for Hostess closing up shop, or shops, and ending 18,000 jobs, right? Mitt Romney
No, it’s not the liabilities swamping assets. It’s not declining sales in a flat economy where junk food is a luxury. It’s not an untenable position with their union contract and unfunded pension liabilities. None of that has anything to do with it, according to AFL-CIO boss Richard Trumpka. He says:
What’s happening with Hostess Brands is a microcosm of what’s wrong with America, as Bain-style Wall Street vultures make themselves rich by making America poor. Crony capitalism and consistently poor management drove Hostess into the ground, but its workers are paying the price.
Old and busted: Venture capitalists. New Hotness: Raising taxes on job creators and blaming them when the expected job losses flow.
How long before a new network reality show hits your television showing the new and improved IRS raiding the corporate raiders? Just think of the ratings bonanza during sweeps when Raiding the Raiders invades the set of The Shark Tank. Epic.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style
- Good news from Piers Morgan: Obama’s a perfect physical specimen