Won’t Get Fooled Again?
posted at 2:47 pm on November 15, 2012 by Duane Patterson
So, Ed and Erika, it’s not just the House Republicans keeping leadership largely intact as we head into the new era of old, divided, partisan government (which I really hope continues, by the way). Patty Murray as chair of Senate Budget Committee? Why not? She is the 2nd dimmest bulb in the United States Senate, Barbara Boxer of my home state of California remaining the dimmest.
“I am committed to working with our committee and with our Congress to put a budget in place but there are a lot of questions in front of us: What happens in the next two weeks, six weeks, year? Does the White House and the leadership come together on some solution to the budget that we have right now that precludes a budget being written next year?” she said. “I have no idea.”
I have no idea. That certainly makes her qualified to be a Democratic leader in America today. Budget? We don’t need no stinkin’ budget. I don’t have to show you no stinkin’ budget.
“Meet the new boss…same as the old boss.” – Pete Townshend
Recently in the Green Room:
- IRS To Pro-Life Groups: You Know You’re Gonna Have To Give Up This Whole Protest Thing, Right?
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?