Green Room

Veracity No Longer Required To Be President

posted at 3:44 pm on November 14, 2012 by

Today, Barack Obama showed why trips to the dentist are more frequent than formal press conferences. Fortunately for him, though, he doesn’t have to demonstrate leadership, honesty, transparency, or a full command of the issues in them to be deemed successful by a fawning White House Press Corps.

Fox News’ Ed Henry did bring up the Benghazi affair, and asked the President a pointed question, which he should have known would not get answer. Henry asked whether the President did authorize a go order to go in an assist the Americans operatives who were under attack by over a hundred terrorists on September 11th, 2012. This was the President’s response:

Never mind the fact you have a reporter giggling about how cool it is that she’s never seen Obama lose, except for the one time as state senator, but then she wasn’t looking. Yes, that exists, too.

Stuttering his way through a 90 second non-answering answer, Obama claims he’s done nothing but put forward all the information he had in Benghazi. It’s simply not true. Nowhere in the process was the spontaneous response to a video ever a fact that was true.

Meanwhile, the stock market came, heard, and tanked. Israel is going it alone in Gaza, being they can’t count on America anymore.

And as for Obama? I got this from Michael Patrick Tracy, who is @conservativela on Twitter. He looked at the official transcript, and Obama used the word “I” 211 times.

It’s gonna be a long four years.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Sad thing is, with Obama in control, Israel is probably better off going it alone in Gaza. They probably don’t want to have to owe him anything.

change is for suckers on November 14, 2012 at 3:48 PM

My mama told me never to call a person a turd. So I’m not.

Mason on November 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I wonder if anyone counted how many times he said “me?”

That press conference was very hard to get through.

CoffeeLover on November 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Well the 211 times bho used ‘I’ was ‘I’ won and you little slugs here better get use to it? ‘I’ will do as ‘I’ dang well please for the next four years!
L

letget on November 14, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I’m relieved that he took every step necessary to send assistance to those under seige in Benghazi. So,..why didn’t it happen?

a capella on November 14, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Weracity, that’s like, not lying, right?

Fallon on November 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM

What am I German all of the sudden?

Veracity… Sheesh.

Fallon on November 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Veracity No Longer Required To Be President

With all due respect, it’s never been a requirement — at least in my lifetime … but obviously, Obama surpasses (and laps several times) even the pathological liar Bill Clinton!

ShainS on November 14, 2012 at 4:10 PM

What am I German all of the sudden?

Veracity… Sheesh.

Fallon on November 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I thought you were speaking Austrian.

Mitoch55 on November 14, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I thought you were speaking Austrian.

Mitoch55 on November 14, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Maybe, I’m bi-polar and can speak two languages like Jesse Jackson, Jr.

Fallon on November 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Thanks for the h/t, generalissimo!

ConservativeLA on November 14, 2012 at 4:27 PM

What’s with the limiter of “to be president”. Is that french for anything??

rik on November 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM

“There ain’t nothin’ more powerful than the odor of mendacity!”

Harvey ‘Big Daddy’ Pollitt in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

Brat on November 14, 2012 at 4:51 PM

The people do not demand that their leaders have character. This is how liberty dies. The stupid and evil people of this country will vote for the most morally degenerate among us. Do not act surprised when your liberty and life are at the end of their gun.

tom daschle concerned on November 14, 2012 at 5:17 PM

This is what people voted for. Let it burn.

woodNfish on November 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Regarding the answer to Ed Henry’s question: Uhhhh, that would be a “no.”

Dopenstrange on November 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Veracity No Longer Required To Be President

What was your first clue?

squint on November 14, 2012 at 7:35 PM

tom daschle concerned on November 14, 2012 at 5:17 PM

THIS!

I remember when the Clinton sex scandal was going on, and watching him pound his fist on the podium while he looked into the camera and lied to the American people. It was the death-knell of my “stupid liberal” phase I had been going through.
I wrote to my representatives(I was living in Indiana at the time) to encourage them to go with impeachment, censure, or whatever else they could to make him accountable for his actions, saying that kids should be able say that they want to grow up to be President, without their parents wincing at the thought. He did a lot to degrade the respect that the office deserves. And the respect I lost for the office.
I am still waiting to get that back….

Sterling Holobyte on November 14, 2012 at 8:05 PM

It’s gonna be a long four two years.

FIFY.

Watergate took 2 years.

Benghazigate will likely take as long to penetrate the trance of the Obama-drones.

profitsbeard on November 15, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Veracity No Longer Required To Be President

Also not required: integrity, honesty, personal responsibility, patriotism, optimism, actual qualifications of any kind……

dentarthurdent on November 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I was wrong to say we are heading toward Idiocracy.
We’re already there.