Green Room

The Apostle Barack?

posted at 5:21 pm on November 14, 2012 by

This is not, PJM’s Myra Adams warns us, a joke — or at least not an intentional joke.  Nor is this offered in an ironic sense, as in how the media has portrayed Barack Obama.  This epistle comes from a phys-ed professor at Florida A&M, who claims God told her that Barack Obama is the fifth Beatle, er, thirteenth Apostle:

Still think this is some kind of put-on?  Take a look at the Amazon page:

“Yes, Barack had worked tirelessly on behalf of the American people, especially those who elected him in 2008. His followers needed to re-elect him to a second term, so that he could continue to accomplish the promises he made, thus, realizing his vision of America as a more perfect political union or “heaven here on earth.”

Then, as I began to contemplate ways to assist Barack in his 2012 re-election bid something miraculous happened. I felt God’s (His) Spirit beckoning me in my dreams at night. Listening, cautiously, I learned that Jesus walked the earth to create a more civilized society, Martin (Luther King) walked the earth to create a more justified society, but, Apostle Barack, the name he was called in my dreams, would walk the earth to create a more equalized society, for the middle class and working poor. Apostle Barack, the next young leader with a new cause, had been taken to the mountaintop and allowed to see over the other side. He had the answers to unlock the kingdom of “heaven here on earth” for his followers. The answers were repeated – over and over – in speeches Barack had made from his presidential announcement to his inaugural address. Those speeches or his teachings contained the answers to the middle class and working poor people living in a “heaven here on earth.” For when the answers were unlocked and enacted, Apostle Barack’s vision of America would be realized.

If you want to feel renewed confidence in America, though, be sure to read the comments on the Amazon site.  It has 25 reviews, all with one star … because you can’t choose anything lower, apparently. What’s most disturbing is not that this book is around, but that it’s authored by a university professor.  Publication standards seem to be slipping a bit in Academia.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Well I think Obama is the 13th Imam.

portlandon on November 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Yeah, we’ll all be equally poor.

Fifth horseman of the Apocalypse.

rbj on November 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I’m an Atheist, and even I think this is sick!

OldEnglish on November 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Just wait until “Chris M. from New York, New York” reviews the book. That’ll put at least one “5 Star” review in the system.

change is for suckers on November 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Damn. I thought it said: Apostasy.

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM

The woman must be a mental case. If that book isn’t a joke, how else to explain it? She needs serious psychiatric counseling, and maybe a few words with a minister.

RebeccaH on November 14, 2012 at 5:40 PM

HEaven on Earth to progressives results in N. Korea EVERY SINGLE TIME.

tom daschle concerned on November 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Toilet paper sure is getting expensive? Oh wait, maybe we’re finally in the hyper-inflation phase of Aposotle Obozo’s heaven on earth. Oh joy! Rapture!

Western_Civ on November 14, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Medved interview this woman. She is an absolute nut. Complete fruitcake. To make it worse, she’s a tenured professor.

This tyranny must be destroyed.

jawkneemusic on November 14, 2012 at 5:43 PM

This tyranny must be destroyed.

jawkneemusic on November 14, 2012 at 5:43 PM

She won a who’s who of educators.

tom daschle concerned on November 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Creepy proportion some people in this country has reached.

vnohara on November 14, 2012 at 5:52 PM

He’s either a new Prophet or the Mahdi.

I’m just waiting for the Barackalypse

Oil Can on November 14, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Finally! The perfect Christmas gift!

ConservativeLA on November 14, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Enjoy it, fruitcake. History is gonna call him “The Fascist Barack.”

Rational Thought on November 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM

This tyranny must be destroyed.

jawkneemusic on November 14, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I heard the interview on Medved. It is impossible to overstate what a delusional Koolaid drinking Obamatard she is. That interview has to be heard to be believed.

Kataklysmic on November 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM

SOMETHING “beckoning me in my dreams at night”, just not what you think it is.

Sir Napsalot on November 14, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Publication standards seem to be slipping a bit in Academia.

It’s a self-published “vanity” book, not a legit publication.

AngusMc on November 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM

cripe

cmsinaz on November 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Finally! The perfect Christmas gift!

ConservativeLA on November 14, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Actually I might get this for a particular Lefty family member of mine. The awkward silence upon opening the present would be worth it.

visions on November 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM

There’s a five star review on there, published half an hour ago, so here go the culture warriors a-warring.

But these review titles are great:

1.0 out of 5 stars These Liberals need mental help
1.0 out of 5 stars looney toon
1.0 out of 5 stars Insanity unleashed.
1.0 out of 5 stars I actually puked in my mouth
1.0 out of 5 stars Need to Have Negative Stars as a Choice
1.0 out of 5 stars What a Wacko
1.0 out of 5 stars mushroom dreams
1.0 out of 5 stars Is this a joke?

Axe on November 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM

If the future cannot belong to haters of the prophet Muhammed- it must belong to the Apostle Barrack Hussein.

FlaMurph on November 14, 2012 at 6:51 PM

There is one 5 star review:

I had always felt my life was worthless and had no purpose until I lucked upon this book. Sure, I had built my own business, employed thousands, tithed 20% to my (other) church. But it all felt so empty. As I sat in my chair one night, browsing Amazon, with a gun in my mouth I accidentally clicked a link to this book and it felt as if the hand of Barack had sent a bolt of lightning through my body. I now know what I must do. Last week I voted for revenge against the evil capitalists, shut down my business and donated all of the proceeds to Solyndra. Can’t wait to see what my future holds!

Count to 10 on November 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Count to 10 on November 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I stand corrected. It’s a-warring, but it’s not their team. :)

Axe on November 14, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Finally! The perfect Christmas gift!

ConservativeLA on November 14, 2012 at 6:00 PM

visions on November 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM

That was pretty much the consensus in my office.

ConservativeLA on November 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Whenever men set out to create heaven on earth, they invariably end up creating hell instead.

Resist We Much on November 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Well I think Obama is the 13th Imam.

portlandon on November 14, 2012 at 5:25 PM

This is actually typical of Black Liberation Theology. The Nation of Islam and Trinity Church mishmash Christian and Muslim theology into one. Obama does it quite a bit in his own speeches.

logis on November 14, 2012 at 7:43 PM

As crazy as this sound, this is an accurate representation of Progressive Philosophy.

The roots of which come from 19th Century German Philosophy, most notably from Hegel.

The entire project is Utopian and to create a “Heaven on Earth” through the State.

jp on November 14, 2012 at 7:46 PM

history is riddled with dictators that were deified and who slaughtered their people.

tom daschle concerned on November 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM

…Judas!

KOOLAID2 on November 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Oh this is fantastic news, all you unbelievers should be ashamed . Please let him be an apostle. Lets see Peter was crucified upside down, John was exiled to die in a cave, Paul was executed in Rome, I think a number were beheaded, burned at the stake and stoned to death. Very few apostles lived to old age. So please let it be true, I hope he is an apostle. SARC OFF/ LOL!

stormridercx4 on November 14, 2012 at 8:56 PM

tom daschle concerned on November 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Castro, Che, Pol Pot,…
Say, were any of them not some kind of socialist?

Count to 10 on November 14, 2012 at 9:01 PM

FAMU…..NUFF SAID.

aebloo on November 14, 2012 at 9:41 PM

This woman is either delusional or possessed.

If any spirit did visit her, it wasn’t God’s. Did she somehow miss out on Obama’s infanticide position, his constant lying, his acrimonious passive aggression, his tactics of intimidation, his belittling of others? Obama is a stranger to integrity and truth. He’s not even a good man, much less anything else.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 14, 2012 at 5:38 PM

That middle word is a misspelling!

The Apostate Barack.

Seriously, I’m a Christian and the things this woman writes curl my hair. They’re blasphemous.

INC on November 14, 2012 at 9:44 PM

heaven here on earth.

John 18:

Jesus answered: My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would certainly strive that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now my kingdom is not from hence. Pilate therefore said to him: Art thou a king then? Jesus answered: Thou sayest that I am a king. For this was I born, and for this came I into the world; that I should give testimony to the truth. Every one that is of the truth, heareth my voice. Pilate saith to him: What is truth? And when he said this, he went out again to the Jews, and saith to them: I find no cause in him. But you have a custom that I should release one unto you at the pasch: will you, therefore, that I release unto you the king of the Jews? Then cried they all again, saying: Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber.

Behold, the New Barabbas.

Kraken on November 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM

The day after the election I had to pick myself up off the floor. I just could not believe the American people were this stupid……Now this book confirms it. They’re out there.

Yikes!!!

Rudemeister on November 14, 2012 at 10:42 PM

This woman is either delusional or possessed.

INC on November 14, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Actually, I’ve concluded that she’s a genius marketer. This is a crap, self-published, nothing of a book. In ordinary circumstances, she’d be luck to sell 10 copies total to friends and family.

But, get conservative blogs to gin up outrage over the book and who knows how many copies it will sell?

AngusMc on November 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM

“Red and yellow, black and white,
All are people in his sight.
Mmm-mmm-mmm,
Barack Hussein Obama.”

Thus speaketh the children.

Sir Loin on November 14, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Resist We Much

This.

Olo_Burrows on November 15, 2012 at 3:13 AM

on Darkness Radio, before the election, a guy who has been kidnapped numerous times by extraterrestrials said that he was told by the ets that Obama would win the election because he was the ant-christ.
I thought he was just a nut.

conservativegrandma on November 15, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Only a university can make a person that stupid. The universities no longer teach. Their job is now to brainwash to the correct way of thinking. University students may not understand their field of study but every one of them knows to the center of their beings that abortion is right, SSM is wonderful, Islam is a religion of peace, whites are racists, capitalism is bad, Christians are hate filled bigots, conservatives are the essence of pure evil and the USA is the most vile country on the planet.

Frank Enstine on November 15, 2012 at 8:50 AM

AngusMc on November 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM

You could be right. I’m in the process of writing a novel and my daughter who is my proof reader/adviser asked why I chose to have the main character a lesbian. I told her it was simple marketing. The story really doesn’t change because she is and it’s not a focal point of the story. I just figured if I could put in the description that she was lesbian I would get more sales because I was being progressive and tolerant.

Frank Enstine on November 15, 2012 at 8:55 AM

I listened to Medved interview her. One word: LOON.

dont taze me bro on November 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Frank Enstine on November 15, 2012 at 8:55 AM

And when you send it to a publishing house, an editor (if s/he gets past the 1st page) will wonder, ‘What is the point of making her a lesbian?‘ I hope you have a better answer.

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 15, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Is this some new kind of community service punishment?

I mean both for the person who wrote it, and anyone sentanced to read it.

DrAllecon on November 15, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I learned that Jesus walked the earth to create a more civilized society

T’weren’t the Holy Spirit you was listening to.

GWB on November 15, 2012 at 3:16 PM