Green Room

First walk of shame: April 12, 2010

posted at 1:27 pm on November 14, 2012 by

Facebook couples pages. As if we didn’t already know too much:

You’re in love and you want the world to know, now Facebook has created an ‘us’ page that lets you chronicle your relationship. The page combines every post, picture, and event that you have shared with your partner. It also includes your shared ‘likes’ and mutual friends. If you’re listed as “in a relationship” with someone, you simply need to visit facebook.com/us to view the page.

In seriousness, though this offers tons of opportunities for needy partners to overstep their bounds—”I made us a Couples page to commemorate our second date!”—and oversharing friends to gross you out, what it also might offer is a very easy way to make a wedding web page. Couples now use a multitude of paint-by-numbers wedding blog services to do this, but it inevitably ends in a pretty site that’s un-Googleable for which you lost the web address because it was printed on an actual paper card, and you therefore never actually see or use. This would eliminate that, but many brides may continue to want the semi-customized look of their own site.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Just say no to facebook.

rbj on November 14, 2012 at 1:32 PM

MKH, you are clairvoyant. This will take the triviality, uncomfortableness, and embarrasment of FB and double it.

KS Rex on November 14, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Never had a facebook account. I’m absolutely certain it has saved me countless moments uncomfortableness throughout my adult life.

Youngs98 on November 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I’m going to use that to share shirtless pictures of myself.

forest on November 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM

This has got “chick” written all over it.

princetrumpet on November 14, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Does it only support 2 people being partners? Why doesn’t facebook support relationship equality?

gwelf on November 14, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I nominate CycloneCDB for first HotAirian “US” page to be shared with MKH. Second? Anyone?

CycloneCDB on November 14, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I closed my Facebook account after three months of the experiment with the following message to my “friends”:

Facebook is a time sink and a vanity source …

ShainS on November 14, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I’m going to create a shrine to my cruelest tango partners!

Seth Halpern on November 14, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Facebook is like the lottery, it’s a tax for idiots. Only it taxes their time. And Facebook and social media are a large part of the reason why Obama is still in the oval office. Facebook encourages obsession with all things “other.” And that caters to the defective personalities that tend to vote left. Why work hard when you can browse Facebook and get free phones from Obama?

JeffB. on November 14, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I made it this far in life without FB, I think I can make it a little while longer…

glockomatic on November 14, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I wonder if this would’ve happened if Facebook hadn’t gone public.

22044 on November 14, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Hey, MKH, I went ahead and created a page for you and me. Hope you like it. Looking forward to our first date! A guy can *hope* can’t he!??!

gregbert on November 14, 2012 at 2:16 PM

A-freakin’-men. I deactivated my Facebook account after the election because I didn’t want to be involved with or contribute to a society that is stupid enough to think that a.) “Obama again is so awezzzzum” or b.) Romney wanted to take us back 50 years.

/facepalm facepalm faaaaaacepalm!

I logged in briefly to reassure some folks that I had not, in fact, off’ed myself in a fit of Romney/Ryan grief. Those 20 minutes back on “the feed” made me realize how knowing everyone’s business all the time makes you start to hate your friends… and there’s plenty of people out there who actually deserve to be disliked, why start with friends?

(Yay! My first Hot Air comment! Let me point out, I’m not generally hate-filled, I’m just PISSED OFF. Can I say that? Heh heh…)

MadMamaGeorge on November 14, 2012 at 2:18 PM

At a family gathering my sister in law made a big deal about how great facebook was. I asked her what was the big deal and her response was “you can stay in touch with your old friends, like high school and stuff”. meh, with a class of over 700 that are in various stages of mid life distress there is no way I want that to occur.

DanMan on November 14, 2012 at 2:24 PM

gregbert on November 14, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Hey, don’t you know MKH is happily married? Besides, she’s working on my autobiography now and wouldn’t have time for you. 😉

TXUS on November 14, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Almost every time I talk to my girlfriend on the other side of the country, she whines about some coworker or relative she has “unfriended” or is not speaking to because of something they said on FB. Can’t imagine how my marriage or family relationships would be if that sheisse had been around 3 decades ago. Thank gosh I’m young enough to understand social media, and too old to give a flip.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 14, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Youngs98 on November 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I’ve never thought my life was so interesting total strangers would want to know what I was doing.

And no, Facebook “friends” are not really friends.

Mitoch55 on November 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM

This is news? Really? I shaved my legs for this?

Gordy on November 14, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Top Pick

Top Pick

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.

Good lack of work if you can get it