Luke … I really am your father
posted at 2:51 pm on November 13, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
I can’t help it — I am a sucker for these feel-good stories about men and women in the service surprising their children with an early return from a tour of duty. Add in the Star Wars angle, and how can anyone resist this?
A Navy reservist unexpectedly returned home to Kansas from his Middle East deployment this Halloween, dressing up like Darth Vader to surprise his five-year-old son and six-year-old daughter.
Welcome home, Justin Whyte, to a grateful nation and your loving family. May they all come home in such joy.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation