Green Room

“I’ll punch you out”

posted at 4:54 pm on November 13, 2012 by

When pressed by a reporter on some potentially shady dealings within the Bureau of Land Management, Obama’s Secretary of Interior Ken Salazar allegedly lost his cool when he was in Colorado on election day. Why so sensitive, secretary?

Dave Philipps, a reporter for the Colorado Springs Gazette, tried to ask Salazar about his appointments to the Bureau of Land Management and the wild horse population in the state. Specifically, Philipps had questions about the government’s relationship with a wild horse buyer who allegedly sold more than 1,700 horses to Mexican slaughterhouses. …

“Don’t you ever … You know what, you do that again… I’ll punch you out,” Salazar reportedly told Philipps before ending the interview and walking off. …

“The secretary regrets the exchange,” Interior spokesman Blake Androff told POLITICO.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Funny, he doesn’t look like a tough guy.

Cindy Munford on November 13, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Hmmmm, a little sensitive Kevin? Hit too close to home?

rbj on November 13, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Straight talk! He pulls no punches.

a capella on November 13, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Tell me this country isn’t under judgment. It is anarchy all the way to the top. These are just the type of reprobates that sentence fellow countrymen to their deaths.

tom daschle concerned on November 13, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Sounds like assault to me…

JohnGalt23 on November 13, 2012 at 5:08 PM

expose the corruption and you expose the “Chicago Way”.. more please..

gatorboy on November 13, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Call the FBI, they’re not busy

faraway on November 13, 2012 at 5:30 PM

tom daschle concerned on November 13, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Unfortunately, Tom, you are ever so right. Here is what the Lord Himself said about America just last month.

“I CANNOT ABIDE HER”

Friday, 12 October 2012: The Holy Spirit directed Julie aside this evening, shortly before our regular Word session. This is His interpretation to her tongues. This is the relevant paragraph.

“For the Lord would say unto His people, This day have I unleashed a power against America that will quickly upend her and knock her off her feet. I have set My Hand against her and have determined a ruinous judgment for her. Her stagnating economy and her blighted people will not recover but will be swept away to destruction. I have cast all her hopes away and have set her down in the dust. I am making her rush to her destruction, for this thing must be done and must be settled. I cannot abide her any more.”

This is just the latest; God has spoken to us more than 120 times since June 1998 about America, none of it good. He hasn’t changed His mind.

There is a great stroke of God’s judgment coming to Sodom and Gomorrah shortly, perhaps after Obama “comes out” after his inauguration. Details are found in the A.C. Valdez vision of 1929.

And have you seen the story of the new figurine of Obama made for nativity scenes? Wonderful! Of course, the Italians are no strangers to idolatry.

Gordy on November 13, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Keeping it classy!

By the way Salazar – you say that to me – and I’ll take you up on it.

Hill60 on November 13, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Cowboy diplomacy!

Fezzik on November 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Funny, he doesn’t look like a tough guy.

Cindy Munford on November 13, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Waddaya mean? He’s got a cowboy hat and everything!

yubley on November 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM

If only they could have strapped him to the saddle of #1700…

Tim Zank on November 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM

tom daschle concerned on November 13, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I’m starting to believe it myself. Corruption and thuggery on every level. 60 million of our fellow countryman have handed the country over to thugs.

jawkneemusic on November 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Whoa, watch out, everyone. We got us a real badass here.

ZK on November 13, 2012 at 6:53 PM

yubley on November 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM

LOL! And yet……

Cindy Munford on November 13, 2012 at 7:12 PM

ENOUGH SAID.

CorporatePiggy on November 13, 2012 at 7:17 PM

“The secretary regrets the exchange,”

That’s okay, we regret the secretary.

Axeman on November 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Oh, he//, Ken. Just put your phucking boot on his throat. You did it before, right?

Thug.

Cody1991 on November 13, 2012 at 9:10 PM

So what “He regrets blah blah blah …” He showed his authoritarian, entitled, “gubmint” bureaucrat arrogance so that it can be used against him forever. If only the Go Out Politely party knew what to do and had the balls to do it, Salazar would be Latino Toast.

ExpressoBold on November 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Isn’t the same f*** who wanted to put his boot on the neck of BP CEO during the Gulf oil spill? For bullies like this all what you need to do is stand up and tell them “go ahead make my day punk”… Then you will see how this bully will crawl back like the coward he is…

mnjg on November 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I’m sorry–this just makes me laugh. “I’ll punch you out”? Who talks like that? Beyond elementary school, I mean…

On the other hand, the fact that he’s in charge of anything that affects the rest of us is deeply disturbing. It’s becoming pretty clear that violence is the go-to response of a frighteningly large portion of the Left when anyone disagrees with/questions them. Good thing he’s not a Republican, or he might be in real trouble for threatening someone like that–especially a member of the press.

But “I’ll punch you out”? As I read that, I can only hear the phrase in a defiant 5-year-old child’s voice.

butterflies and puppies on November 14, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Captain Insano shows no mercy

fossten on November 14, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Top Pick

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”

Currently doing a search for “good international trade lawyers”

Ransomware attack spreads through Europe

John Sexton Jun 27, 2017 1:01 PM

“A massive ransomware campaign is currently unfolding worldwide.”

At least their address rarely changes

It just keeps on happening

“Trump is good for business right now.”

Start spreading the news…

“Now it’s time for the next step.”

A “cryptic” warning to Bashar al-Assad?

Jazz Shaw Jun 27, 2017 8:01 AM

The three strikes rule may be in effect

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment