Green Room

Heckuva Job

posted at 8:02 am on November 12, 2012 by

With the stat from last week’s exit polling data that Scott Rasmussen reported, that 12% of the voting public made up their mind, and some of them obviously changing it, during the final week of the campaign, there is nothing else that caused that dynamic to take place except Barack Obama’s two-day bomber jacket tour. It earned him four more years.

Well, the affected areas in the Eastern Seaboard are now well past the two day photo op stage. In fact, they’re 28 days past the President’s helicopter trip overhead, and the area is beginning to look like well, 28 Days Later.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

sorry, you wanted him, you got him…

cmsinaz on November 12, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Yep. You get what you vote for.

djl130 on November 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Where’s the know-it-all judgmental conservative-hating leftist Democrat partisan media on this atrocity? Maybe they are scripting stories about how good the economy is for Entitlement America. If anybody had any questions about how a society that depended on government for existence and “the press” for accurate coverage of events progresses, this is, in microcosm, the fate of all but the wealthiest.
Everybody should be able to see that Ø and his government could now care less, since the election is over and he doesn’t have to be accountable now that he has four more years. This is “cool and detached” for you.
“All temporary shelters close. It’s time for this shelter to close.” – Unnamed Bureaucrat in FEMA. Good luck with that stinking healthcare insurance plan that closes businesses and destroys wealth.

ExpressoBold on November 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM

This just can’t be. There is a story on Drudge where someone from the Red Cross says they have been “near flawless” in their handling of this catastrophe.

Night Owl on November 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM

The “wonderful” thing about democracy is that the people always get the government they deserve.

Mr. Prodigy on November 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Night Owl on November 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I think that Red Cross worker was just quoting Chris CRISTie.

Doughboy on November 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Screw em. They wanted Obama elected, they deserve what came to them.

Zaggs on November 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Night Owl on November 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM

disinformation – like the media can be depended upon to deliver.

ExpressoBold on November 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Still haven’t seen that Obama/Red Cross campaign commercial since last Tuesday.

forest on November 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM

disinformation – like the media can be depended upon to deliver.

ExpressoBold on November 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I should have used a sarc tag, but she did really say that. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the fact that the media is an extension of the democrat/communist party, but it’s actually kind of frightening.

Night Owl on November 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Media knows how to get Democrats elected. We don’t find a way to defeat the media and we’ll never defeat the radicalized dems.

akaniku on November 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM

If Sandy gave Obama the second term, than how does that explain the poor performance of Republican in other races all over. some were social cons (akin and mourdock — screw ups). we also lost in the northeast and out west. if this was really about the hurricane, then how come republicans did so badly elsewhere.

earlgrey133 on November 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM

akaniku on November 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Simple!

Buy the company, then fire the cheerleaders and fake journalist.

Wish I had the money, but the feds have decided that my discretionary income is better spent by them.

EdmundBurke247 on November 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM

The cult of personality lives on.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on November 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Obama hates black white and brown people.

Joe Mama on November 12, 2012 at 10:35 AM

We need to get on the bandwagon. The only thing that matters is that this president is kewl, unlike the fuddie-duddies in the GOP. Also, this country needs free birth control, abortion, and muppet programs. Thats what really matters, not this deficit business. High taxes on the rich will bail us out of that, as will green energy when it starts to work any day now.

Baerwulf on November 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Don’t any of these people have homeowner’s insurance? My insurance said they would put my family up in a hotel for however long it to repair or rebuild my home should something happen.

AngusMc on November 12, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Sorry to pick nits but wasn’t that 12-13 days ago, rather than 28? You lose credibility when you miss-state basic facts.

BuzzCrutcher on November 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of democrat party voters.

jukin3 on November 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Just think: we’ll look back one day upon the spectacle of Staten Island and realize it was the first of the “re-education camps” Bill Ayers spoke of.

Joan of Argghh on November 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM

The folks that own their home are being taken care of by insurance, the folks that rent get screwed! The renters should realize by now it is time to move on into another rental. After Andrew they built tent cities in South Dade County. Most of the folks in these tent cities were public housing folks. The folks that owned homes were provided with small trailers so they could live in their driveways during the rebuild.

Atlanta Media Guy on November 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.

H. L. Mencken

agmartin on November 12, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I live on Long Island and I DID NOT vote for Obama. My power was out for 7 days. I did the best I could to prepare; batteries, water, ice, food, propane lantern, radio, flashlights. The fact is that these things run out. My cell phone died on day 3 and there was literally no where in the area to recharge it. My big flashlight died on day 5. My son in VA checked hotels and I would have to been able to make it south of Phillie to find a room. Meanwhile, I have 2 dogs… In any event, there was no way to get off the island for several days; bridges and tunnels closed, the NJ turnpike closed in several areas. We were trapped.
The fact that people are still suffering one week later breaks my heart. FEMA is a joke, emergency response from gov’t is a joke. The Red Cross showed up in some of the most devastated areas with hot chocolate and cookies. What did they think that these people were at a football game? No diapers, baby food, etc. In fact, at one point the gov’t couldn’t even supply bottled water.
Now, a lot of you are saying that people have to look after themselves and if they rely on the gov’t they will be waiting a long time. I agree with you. However, the old saying is that half of the population is below average.
I am fairly smart and, having had disaster preparedness drilled into me when living in So Cal I knew that it was up to me to provide for myself. Others never learned that lesson. We have been given such happy talk by the gov’t that it is no wonder that a significant portion of the pop thought that even if the worst happened the gov’t would just storm on in and make everything OK. Hell, our American movie industry tells you so…
Even though I did the best to prepare I can tell you that it was one miserable 7 days, I can’t imagine 14 like those still suffering. Please keep in mind that it is COLD here, unlike the New Orleans disaster. Last Wednesday during the Nor’easter it snowed 6 inches in Staten Island. I got 2 but my power was already on. However, I did prepare again, food, water, batteries, cell phone charged, etc. We lost TV, internet and phone. I can deal with that as long as the furnace keeps pumping.
So, for all of you out there that seem to be happy that such a terrible calamity struck a blue state please keep in mind that not all of us in this blue state are blue and that we are all Americans whether you are an idiot that voted for Obama or whether you didn’t.

Babs on November 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Babs on November 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I fell for you and wish well to the (Rs) up there – like you many of them probably prepared – it sucks to be without power, but you recognized you needed to be responsible for yourself.

Other than the elderly and very young, I feel no sympathy whatsoever for any of the people who just assumed Daddy Government would be there to take care of them. New Yorkers have decided to forego their freedoms and elect nannys; that’s on them.

As someone said, I don’t take pleasure in it. I simply don’t care. These people have what they voted for.

Some people need to learn by experience. This is just a taste of what is to come.

blindside on November 13, 2012 at 10:30 PM