Green Room

Christie calls Obama to congratulate him, sends Romney an e-mail

posted at 8:29 pm on November 8, 2012 by

I don’t know, guys. I just don’t know.

“We didn’t have a political strategy discussion. I said, `Congratulations on your win last night, Mr. President,’ and he said, `Thank you,”’ Christie told reporters today at a National Guard Armory in Franklin Township…

Asked if he’s spoken to Romney since his loss, Christie said: “No; we exchanged e-mails last night,” Christie said. “We haven’t spoken on the phone yet.”

One of Romney’s biggest fundraisers told WaPo (anonymously), “A lot of people feel like Christie hurt, that we definitely lost four or five points between the storm and Chris Christie giving Obama a chance to be bigger than life.”

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

He should be stripped of his leadership position in the RGA.

gophergirl on November 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Jesus H, dude isn’t even trying to show some remorse. Just pull a Chuck Christ and leave the party already.

Doughboy on November 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Well our 2016 field is less by one now.

LukeinNE on November 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Salt, meet wound.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on November 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM

The Fat One is dead to me.

RedNewEnglander on November 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Go have another donut!

forest on November 8, 2012 at 8:37 PM

How about you switch parties!!’

mrscullen on November 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Lardo non grata.

Firefly_76 on November 8, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Republican Governors Association e-mail

info@rga.org

gophergirl on November 8, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I haven’t liked this RINO for years but man..he is just over the top in his RINOness now..it’s out of control….i got it republicans in 2016! Christie and Powell! that’s the ticket!

sadsushi on November 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Between Governor Cartman and Christine Todd Whitman, it’s clear that we shouldn’t get excited over any more New Jersey Republicans.

86 on November 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM

The Fat Man is stuck on stupid.

He probably will run in 2016–as a Dem.

NebCon on November 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Well look on the bright side, he outed himself as a huge (pardon the pun) egotistical self absorbed RINO deep throating Obama on national tv, thus completely removed himself from the 2016 race. This is good news. One less RINO to knock off in the primary, assuming we even have a party then.

karenhasfreedom on November 8, 2012 at 8:46 PM

what-What-WHAT???

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 8, 2012 at 8:48 PM

But I was told he was Fat Reagan. :-(

Punchenko on November 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM

But I was told he was Fat Reagan.

Punchenko on November 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM

He is. Fat Ron Reagan Jr.

Kataklysmic on November 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I tried to warn you people, but nnnoooooo … “he’s our savior, he beats up teachers and makes utubes. he’ll really take it to barky.”

Dude’s a fraud. Should have seen him in the republican gubernatorial primary debates against Lonegan. Just kept repeating “I’ll cut taxes across the board”. No plan, no indication of how he’d do that with a democrat controlled state senate, nothing. Did he ever cut taxes … I’ll give you three guesses and the first two don’t count.

I took my income, my assets and gave him the Jersey salute. I’m headed south.

Loser.

Lost in Jersey on November 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM

He reminds me of Crist except not orange.

mrscullen on November 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Lardo non grata.

Firefly_76 on November 8, 2012 at 8:40 PM

LOL!

RedCrow on November 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM

He reminds me of Crist except not orange.

mrscullen on November 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM

LOL!
Ok–I thought “Lardo non grata” was my favorite. :)

RedCrow on November 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM

FU Chris Christie…turncoat bastard..fat ass libtard in conservative clothing

LaRepublican on November 8, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Dead Fish. Torn Collar.

Resist We Much on November 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I wonder what happens when Booker (and of course Obama) comes after him when he’s up for re-election. Many of us sending contributions to help him out? Nah…probably just an e-mail wishing him luck.

AUINSC on November 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM

If you think Christie is bad, just wait until Rubio pulls his stunt.

News2Use on November 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Is there somebody in New Jersey that can primary him and are New Jersey Republicans the type to oust this jackass?

Mark1971 on November 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM

What exactly does he think he will get from Obaloneyo by kissing up? A cabinet position? The dems will ride him hard and put him away wet. He’s not only fat, he’s dumb too.

BeachBum on November 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM

F*ck him.

Scoreboard44 on November 8, 2012 at 9:13 PM

BREAKING: Text of email from Christie leaked to Daily Caller:

“Mitt, thank you for your support of my 2016 campaign. Please donate $5 by midnight tomorrow for a chance to join me and my family for a 5-course dinner, 3-course dessert, and late-night aftersnack.

Chris Christie”

Lawdawg86 on November 8, 2012 at 9:14 PM

yeah i don’t get the point of why he’s still being so nice to obama. all obama’s doing is actively trying to destroy the country and all that…

Sachiko on November 8, 2012 at 9:14 PM

It was obvious this bully was using a tragedy for his own gain, creating footage for political ads in a blue state for his next election run. Do the people of New Jersey not see through this phony?

Ted Torgerson on November 8, 2012 at 9:15 PM

His ego is as big as his waistline.

writeblock on November 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Well our 2016 field is less by one now.

LukeinNE on November 8, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Yup.

talkingpoints on November 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM

It’s one thing to be a moderate/liberal member of the GOP (yes, despite what many here think, it is possible – see Rudy Giuliani), it’s a whole other to thing to be a RINO. Christie is a RINO. The fat bastard can GFH.

JFS61 on November 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I admit I used to be a Christie fan. Until he sold out the US for his own personal political gain and a phone call from Bruce friggin’ Springsteen.

He may win re-election in NJ for kissing up to Obama, but I suspect he’s as D E A D-dead to the rest of the country as he is to me.

Meredith on November 8, 2012 at 9:19 PM

I don’t care if he cost Romney the election or not. There are some things you just don’t do. Christie is finished outside of NJ.

SAZMD on November 8, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Yep and 2016, we will be hearing from some of you to “shut up, Christie is the only candidate that can win, and if we don’t vote we are traitors.” Nope, not going to buy it this time. Two squishy moderates in a row are enough for me especially since this LOYAL socon is getting blames for MODERATE Romney’s loss.

melle1228 on November 8, 2012 at 9:21 PM

If you think Christie is bad, just wait until Rubio pulls his stunt.

News2Use on November 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM

But Rubio’s our best chance to take a half-hearted stab at Democrat-style identity politics!

I’m not totally down on Rubio. He’d probably be good for a C-plus long-term Senate career. Kind of a latin Mitch McConnell.

86 on November 8, 2012 at 9:24 PM

melle1228 on November 8, 2012 at 9:21 PM

You need to get over your hate over any member of the GOP who isn’t a SoCon. They’re are a lot of good moderate and liberal members of the GOP, like Giuliani, and then there are a lot of losers like Spector and Christie. Learn to distinguish between the two before you drive the party completely into irrelevance.

JFS61 on November 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Dead to me also, hey Christie go cuddle up to Bammy, you’re done!

stormridercx4 on November 8, 2012 at 9:29 PM

JFS61 on November 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Whose hating? I am not the one all over these board calling for the purging of the libertarians and calling them irrelevant and blaming the loss on them even though their candidate bled 2 million votes away from the Repub candidate. I have seem more hate and blame on these boards today for socons then on the frickin Huffington Post. And after holding my nose TWICE for squishes that I was told that we needed because they were MODERATES- and then getting blamed for their losses- I am not doing it again.

melle1228 on November 8, 2012 at 9:29 PM

JFS61 on November 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Oh and BTW, you sound like a fricking Democrat claiming hate because I don’t want to vote your way or agree with you. I don’t “hate” anyone. I don’t know you bonehead.

melle1228 on November 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Chris Christie=Arlen Spector.

Btw- Lardo non grata? Hilarious.

BettyRuth on November 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM

He was just hoping he might catch Obama in the presence of the Boss and get another chance to talk to his life-long hero. Can hardly blame him.

Armin Tamzarian on November 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM

And let me just add- it’s blatantly obvious that Christie knows he’s on the shitlist. A phone call for his smoochy bro’ and an email for our parties nominee? I think not, fatman.

BettyRuth on November 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM

melle1228 on November 8, 2012 at 9:31 PM

How the hell do you know “I don’t vote you’re way?” I’ve been voting GOP for over 34 years now – Don’t give me that nonsense.

Lighten up.

JFS61 on November 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM

BREAKING: Text of email from Christie leaked to Daily Caller:

Chris Christie”

Lawdawg86 on November 8, 2012 at 9:14 PM

melle1228 on November 8, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Wrong. I’ll create the monikor now…CC2016 (Clinton/Christie 2016). Yep, CC2016. And the most emotional of the 2 goes to…..

tonotisto on November 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Lighten up.

JFS61 on November 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM

If you are going to vote for Christie then you don’t vote my way. And since you jumped on my post where I said I wasn’t going to vote for Christie; I am going to assume that you found that objectionable.

And BTW, I know you “don’t vote my way” just like you “know” I hate every candidate but socons..

melle1228 on November 8, 2012 at 9:42 PM

But I was told he was Fat Reagan.

Punchenko on November 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM

He is. Fat Ron Reagan Jr.

Kataklysmic on November 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Oh snap! :-D

Punchenko on November 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Can we please agree on two things?

1. Christie will not be our nominee in 2016.
2. It’s time to stop talking about 2016.

Shump on November 8, 2012 at 9:50 PM

To think I use to say I was proud he’s my Governor. As a New Jersey Republican this has been a very bad 10 days.

tbrickert on November 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM