Green Room

Christie calls Obama to congratulate him, sends Romney an e-mail

posted at 8:29 pm on November 8, 2012 by

I don’t know, guys. I just don’t know.

“We didn’t have a political strategy discussion. I said, `Congratulations on your win last night, Mr. President,’ and he said, `Thank you,”’ Christie told reporters today at a National Guard Armory in Franklin Township…

Asked if he’s spoken to Romney since his loss, Christie said: “No; we exchanged e-mails last night,” Christie said. “We haven’t spoken on the phone yet.”

One of Romney’s biggest fundraisers told WaPo (anonymously), “A lot of people feel like Christie hurt, that we definitely lost four or five points between the storm and Chris Christie giving Obama a chance to be bigger than life.”

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Elisa on November 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM

What actual changes have occurred regarding teacher unions? I know the changes that happened in Wisconsin but haven’t heard about NJ other than Christy talking the talk. How has he actually walked the talk?

chemman on November 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Bureau of Labor Statistics
Main Stream Media
Pollsters
Chris Cristie
Superstorm Sandy

plewis on November 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM

If not for his back surgery and pain meds and if not for my NJ governor and Sandy, your governor would be President Elect Perry right now and I wouldn’t have this sick feeling in my stomach about the future of our country.

Bwahahahaahaha.

Thanks for that. Rick Perry is great on immigration but was a FAILURE at campaigning. He makes Sarah Palin look like Carl Sagan.

Capitalist Hog on November 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Elisa on November 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM

chemman on November 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM

No one in NJ of any political stature ever stood up to the teachers unions in this state (except for Bret Schundler over a decade ago- a true conservative).

Christie had no choice but to stand up to them, following Schundler’s advice and example. (then he used Schundler as a scapegoat and fired him as education chief in NJ)

Here in NJ more than half of our property taxes go to education and our taxes are out of control. We have the highest property taxes. I pay over $11,000 a year for a mediums size 3 bedroom split on an 80 x 100 lot.

Christie did change the benefits that teachers here receive, which were ridiculous compared to the private sector. He trimmed education costs as best as he could in NJ and held the line.

That is the only thing I give him credit for.

But Scott Walker did as good a job or better and he wasn’t a bully about it.

Elisa on November 9, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Christie will be Obama’s token reach across the aisle move when he replaces the retiring Erik Holder as Attorney General.

Greyledge Gal on November 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Capitalist Hog on November 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Perry is a great campaigner. You don’t get elected that much in Texas unless you are. And he got others elected as well as head of the Republican Governors.

You seem to have missed my point.

Last year was not meant to be for Perry. The reason he did so poorly was because he was recovering from serious back surgery and was on pain meds.

Elisa on November 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Christie is an Obama dhimmi.

Chris Christie and Colin Powell should pal up. /Sarc

byteshredder on November 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Obviously the Christie / Obama love affair didn’t help matters. But everyone has a survival instinct. For Christie, it’s call RE-ELECTION. And he will be re-elected because of the way he was able to scoop up the President’s help quickly and abundently.

Had he snubbed the president, the media would still have shown Obama “playing president” in the situation room and so forth. It wouldn’t have mattered.

michaelthomas on November 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I don’t know, guys. I just don’t know.

Heh. I do

First clue should have been his ‘elect Christie’ speech at the GOP convention. They let him do it. I was wondering if it was vetted

From what I see, Christie was to the GOP, what Christie now is to the DEMs: useful.

Think they would have learned after Arlen Specter, but they took a different lesson from that debacle. They will drool over the usable men, and fear greatly internal party threats.

Thus, they pampered Ron Paul during the primaries, and let him have equal time trashing the soc cons, even if he drove a wedge of distrust into a huge constituency over the more moderate Romney. Romney was also unacceptable to Ron the Paulian, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Such Byzantine agreements between incompatibles in the name of destroying competition have kept the middle east in the lower tier of nations, and they work no better in the USA. Serpent joins scorpion to kill chicken, and then kill each other for the chicken

Bet some of the Club would still like to run Christie

entagor on November 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Another failed “Project ORCA!”

pain train on November 9, 2012 at 1:08 PM