Green Room

Christie calls Obama to congratulate him, sends Romney an e-mail

posted at 8:29 pm on November 8, 2012 by

I don’t know, guys. I just don’t know.

“We didn’t have a political strategy discussion. I said, `Congratulations on your win last night, Mr. President,’ and he said, `Thank you,”’ Christie told reporters today at a National Guard Armory in Franklin Township…

Asked if he’s spoken to Romney since his loss, Christie said: “No; we exchanged e-mails last night,” Christie said. “We haven’t spoken on the phone yet.”

One of Romney’s biggest fundraisers told WaPo (anonymously), “A lot of people feel like Christie hurt, that we definitely lost four or five points between the storm and Chris Christie giving Obama a chance to be bigger than life.”

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Elisa on November 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM

What actual changes have occurred regarding teacher unions? I know the changes that happened in Wisconsin but haven’t heard about NJ other than Christy talking the talk. How has he actually walked the talk?

chemman on November 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Bureau of Labor Statistics
Main Stream Media
Pollsters
Chris Cristie
Superstorm Sandy

plewis on November 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM

If not for his back surgery and pain meds and if not for my NJ governor and Sandy, your governor would be President Elect Perry right now and I wouldn’t have this sick feeling in my stomach about the future of our country.

Bwahahahaahaha.

Thanks for that. Rick Perry is great on immigration but was a FAILURE at campaigning. He makes Sarah Palin look like Carl Sagan.

Capitalist Hog on November 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Elisa on November 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM

chemman on November 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM

No one in NJ of any political stature ever stood up to the teachers unions in this state (except for Bret Schundler over a decade ago- a true conservative).

Christie had no choice but to stand up to them, following Schundler’s advice and example. (then he used Schundler as a scapegoat and fired him as education chief in NJ)

Here in NJ more than half of our property taxes go to education and our taxes are out of control. We have the highest property taxes. I pay over $11,000 a year for a mediums size 3 bedroom split on an 80 x 100 lot.

Christie did change the benefits that teachers here receive, which were ridiculous compared to the private sector. He trimmed education costs as best as he could in NJ and held the line.

That is the only thing I give him credit for.

But Scott Walker did as good a job or better and he wasn’t a bully about it.

Elisa on November 9, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Christie will be Obama’s token reach across the aisle move when he replaces the retiring Erik Holder as Attorney General.

Greyledge Gal on November 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Capitalist Hog on November 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Perry is a great campaigner. You don’t get elected that much in Texas unless you are. And he got others elected as well as head of the Republican Governors.

You seem to have missed my point.

Last year was not meant to be for Perry. The reason he did so poorly was because he was recovering from serious back surgery and was on pain meds.

Elisa on November 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Christie is an Obama dhimmi.

Chris Christie and Colin Powell should pal up. /Sarc

byteshredder on November 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Obviously the Christie / Obama love affair didn’t help matters. But everyone has a survival instinct. For Christie, it’s call RE-ELECTION. And he will be re-elected because of the way he was able to scoop up the President’s help quickly and abundently.

Had he snubbed the president, the media would still have shown Obama “playing president” in the situation room and so forth. It wouldn’t have mattered.

michaelthomas on November 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I don’t know, guys. I just don’t know.

Heh. I do

First clue should have been his ‘elect Christie’ speech at the GOP convention. They let him do it. I was wondering if it was vetted

From what I see, Christie was to the GOP, what Christie now is to the DEMs: useful.

Think they would have learned after Arlen Specter, but they took a different lesson from that debacle. They will drool over the usable men, and fear greatly internal party threats.

Thus, they pampered Ron Paul during the primaries, and let him have equal time trashing the soc cons, even if he drove a wedge of distrust into a huge constituency over the more moderate Romney. Romney was also unacceptable to Ron the Paulian, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Such Byzantine agreements between incompatibles in the name of destroying competition have kept the middle east in the lower tier of nations, and they work no better in the USA. Serpent joins scorpion to kill chicken, and then kill each other for the chicken

Bet some of the Club would still like to run Christie

entagor on November 9, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Another failed “Project ORCA!”

pain train on November 9, 2012 at 1:08 PM

“Bye-bye, Lardass!” Cheech Marin

Tenwheeler on November 9, 2012 at 1:19 PM

ABC.

RedCrow on November 9, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Top Pick

“It would be catastrophic if the President were to fire the special counsel.”

“The blockade breached institutional values of freedom of expression and assembly.”

“I hope to encourage them to take personal responsibility…”

“I ain’t serving no police”

“I think a lot of Trump’s voters have as one of their primary objectives just stopping the cultural corruption that’s taking place.”

“Don’t take away my health care or you die.”

“We must all do our best to get rid of this tyrant.”

Rosenstein: Comey broke with DoJ norms on memo leak.

“Nobody has ever accused me of pulling any weapon on them.”

“Fourteen people had stab wounds, cuts and bruises, with two of the injured surviving critical stab wounds.”

Okay… you first.

“We should repeal it and replace, and we shouldn’t leave town until this is complete.”

“He feels like he is being thrown under the bus …”

“McCain has always been a fighter”

Ed Morrissey Jul 20, 2017 8:41 AM

“Cancer doesn’t know what it’s up against.”

They may be on to something

How capitalism averted the bee-pocalypse

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 9:31 PM

“there are more honeybee colonies in the country today than in nearly 25 years.”

CBO releases estimate on Obamacare repeal

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 8:31 PM

“The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 17 million in 2018, compared with the number under current law.”

Kasich: Fix Obamacare with more spending

Jason Hart Jul 19, 2017 8:01 PM

Ohio Gov. John Kasich wants Congress to “fix” Obamacare’s insurance exchanges with more federal spending

“This is a momentous decision.”

“One was told that she—her skin was too light and that she needed to listen to people of darker colored skin…”

Disruptor?

Time off without pay for play

The new DOJ guidelines on asset forfeiture are obscene

Taylor Millard Jul 19, 2017 5:01 PM

Guilty until proven innocent.

“We’re just wondering what happened there.”

“This is an attempt at a political intervention.”

The blame game

“Inaction is not an option.”

“You have no feelings. You Christians are all racists.”