Green Room

Status quo: Unchanged

posted at 12:19 am on November 7, 2012 by

Well, dear readers — it looks like we’re going to sleep with the same federal makeup with which we woke up. Barack Obama’s getting four more years; the Senate is maintaining their Democratic majority; and the House will keep their Republican majority. We’re still watching a few important races for conservatives across the country, but that’s the big picture.

…Silver lining?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I rather have Pelosi, an incompetent, than a capable Democrat with appeal. I say let old Nancy stay on!

Punchenko on November 7, 2012 at 12:21 AM

i’d like to see vernon parker win in AZ and mia love in Utah, giving two more solid african american republican voices…. but im sure both are losing given tonight’s insane democrat ‘turnout’…. anyone want to look?

picklesgap on November 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM

America is not the place I thought it was. I shall realign my expectations.

Xasprtr on November 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Punchenko on November 7, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Nancy Pelosi pushed on with Obamacare after Scotty Brown was elected. Rahm wanted to put it aside

El_Terrible on November 7, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Debbie Wasserman Schultz for minority leader. Please Dems, do it.

Mark1971 on November 7, 2012 at 12:27 AM

The status quo doesn’t remain unchanged. The country has put its stamp on liberalism/big government with this election. There will be no going back.

xblade on November 7, 2012 at 12:31 AM

With 92.7% reporting, Heitkamp leads Berg by just over 1%. Tester and Berkley are also leading, although most of the votes there have yet to be counted.

Armin Tamzarian on November 7, 2012 at 12:31 AM

So Romney is winning the popular vote, correct?

mrscullen on November 7, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Oh, also:

Alan Grayson is back, baby!

Armin Tamzarian on November 7, 2012 at 12:45 AM

picklesgap on November 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Mia’s down 51%-47% with 31% of the vote in. Doesn’t look good based on that but I know nothing else about it.

playblu on November 7, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Unchanged perhaps, but the turning point did not turn. Change will come, but not for the better.

ConDem on November 7, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Megyn Kelly is giddy

faraway on November 7, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Status quo, eh?

Guess you didn’t get the memo…. From this election on, the people who actually produce things are structurally not able to win elections. Our democracy has become unsustainable, and our country is in the early stages of collapse.

….but we have a majority in the house so that they can continue to sit around wagging their fingers and tut-tutting. Swell.

ElectricPhase on November 7, 2012 at 12:51 AM

So Romney is winning the popular vote, correct?

mrscullen on November 7, 2012 at 12:35 AM

That and 10 cents won’t get him a shoe shine.

ebrown2 on November 7, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Mitt is not going to win the the popular vote. He is only ahead because only 16.9% of California’s votes have been counted.

Armin Tamzarian on November 7, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Status quo, eh?

ElectricPhase on November 7, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Yep, EP, time to turtle up and make ready for a fast decline in America. The parasites are celebrating around the burning corpse of the country that was once the light of the world…

ebrown2 on November 7, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Armin Tamzarian on November 7, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Well, even that dim consolation prize will be denied him.

ebrown2 on November 7, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Yeah, the only consolation is that the rest of the world is dysfunctional too.

Seth Halpern on November 7, 2012 at 12:59 AM

We’ve lost several seats in the Senate. I am incredibly, incredibly depressed, especially since some of those Senate seats are freaking self inflicting.

daoster on November 7, 2012 at 1:00 AM

One silver lining for CA I guess … Prop 30 (send money to Jerry Brown’s union slush fund) looks to be going down.

Xasprtr on November 7, 2012 at 1:05 AM

WOO HOO – socialized medicine for all.

Good thinkg I’m healthy. I’m scared for my parents though.

gophergirl on November 7, 2012 at 1:06 AM

They will certainly get the country they voted for… but I have a feeling that by then, even they won’t like it…

ElRonaldo on November 7, 2012 at 1:29 AM

gophergirl on November 7, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I’m not. Thankfully my health coverage has been wonderful. It has taken some pushing and cajoling but the meds which help me the most are all covered by my provider. Likewise with numerous surgeries. With this and by the grace of God, I can function fairly well every day. I am pretty certain…based on having done the research into what our ‘benevolent’ government does not like to cover, I just got screwed by half (roughly) of the voting populace. The uninformed half.

manyears on November 7, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Let’s slog on with Libya-gate, the Fiscal Cliff and the Iranian nuclear threat then.

DeathtotheSwiss on November 7, 2012 at 3:06 AM

DeathtotheSwiss on November 7, 2012 at 3:06 AM

You’re right on Libya, (and the others) it might not have been enough to damn Obaka for the election, but it’s far from too late to punish him for it. We have F&F to think about, too.

PXCharon on November 7, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Took her long enough. After a tenure that cost them 63 seats in 2010 when she said they’d hold it, and basically no change this year when as minority leader she said they’d take it back, I have no idea why they would turn to her to take them forward from here.

The Schaef on November 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM