Green Room

NBC projects upset loss for Allen West in FL-18

posted at 1:11 am on November 7, 2012 by

A bad night gets worse: With 97 percent reporting and West 1,000 votes behind, NBC projects Patrick Murphy the winner. If I see any other news outlets call that, I’ll update.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Obama underperforms his results by 10 million voters, but Romney underperforms McCain by 5 million? Mia Love loses in a conservative state after gaining rock star status? Allen West goes down in a race that wasn’t even seriously contested?

Crazy eh? I’m not going to have a liver left after the next four years, I’m just going to shut down and retreat to my workshop.

I was no fan of Mitt but he ran a great campaign against the worst president in my lifetime and is so much better than Juan Mclame.

Who would have thought I’d be pining for the days of JIMMY CARTER.

gdonovan on November 7, 2012 at 5:02 AM

I’m out. This nation is not center-right. It is center-left.

Reagan would not win if he ran again.

spmat on November 7, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Who would have thought I’d be pining for the days of JIMMY CARTER.

gdonovan on November 7, 2012 at 5:02 AM

Thooooose were the days.

DeathtotheSwiss on November 7, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Allen West goes down in a race that wasn’t even seriously contested?

I heard some time ago that his district had been redrawn, which was going to make it tough for him to win.

xblade on November 7, 2012 at 7:16 AM

xblade on November 7, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Yep, I distinctly remember reading that as well. Also about several other incumbent GOP House members. What I don’t understand is that we won control of the house in 2010 and were supposed to be in charge or redrawing the district lines for the census on that tenth year. Then, over the next several months I read about how so many traditionally republican held districts are now in danger DUE TO REDISTRICTING. What happened?

levi on November 7, 2012 at 7:28 AM

buh-bye.

sesquipedalian on November 7, 2012 at 7:29 AM

levi on November 7, 2012 at 7:28 AM

The GOP decided to eliminate some inconvenient representatives which were causing problems for them.

sharrukin on November 7, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Michele Bachmann survives!

USA Today

A small victory in an unpleasant evening , but at least its something.

eyesky on November 7, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Yeah. The people that the blogs gushed over got beat.

There is a lesson there. In this case, the whole we got not-white people thing too is silly.

Moesart on November 7, 2012 at 7:47 AM

It’s time to hunker down,protect your family and do what you can legally to resist our government.I will never call Obama my President.If the Republicans in the House cave over the next 4 years then we must destroy the GOP,and form a third party.I know we will never win,but at least we can go down fighting.Obama’s next move will be to grant amnesty to illegal aliens to institutionalize the Democrat advantage in the Hispanic community.The GOP will go along,with their lips puckered.Taxes will go up,the economy will lag and the government will grow.Obamacare will destroy our health care system.We have lost this nation to a new majority who thinks the government should take care of them from birth to grave,and that an ever decreasing number of productive citizens should pay for it.their new morality preaches anything goes as long as it feels goo,and damn the consequences.Yes,hunker down,arm yourselves,and prepare the best you can.

redware on November 7, 2012 at 7:48 AM

George Soros Spanish Company tabulated the votes of half the states. What else do we expect. This election is pure fraud.

bgibbs1000 on November 7, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Good. The only person louder and more obnoxious than Chris Christie.

Notorious GOP on November 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM

bgibbs1000 on November 7, 2012 at 7:56 AM

There is something very odd going on that doesn’t add up.

Yesterday, we had record turnouts reported on. long lines, GOP seemed genuinely fired up about voter turnout.

And yet seemingly Mitt got less votes than McCain and Obama and several downticket Dems did way better than expected.

Something just doesn’t add up. Literally.

Blindsummit on November 7, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I also don’t think things add up…something IS really fishy..nothing will be done though….NOTHING….. I have lost hope…the US could surive another four years of a lazy marxist fool in the White House but not a country with the majority of Americans wanting a failed european socialist entitlement society and a corrupt media….caseoftheblues….OUT

Caseoftheblues on November 7, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I just got off the phone with a staffer in the Ft. Lauderdale office thinking that he had lost and I wanted to encourage him to run again in two years. Of course I started crying as I have been for hours now. The staffer said there are still 30,000 votes to be counted and West hasn’t conceded. There could be some irregularities that also went on. God, I hope he can pull it out. I told the staffer that either way, we’re done as a country and he said all the callers to the office had essentially said the same thing.

TxAnn56 on November 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM

TxAnn56 on November 7, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Cheer up. It isn’t that bad.

lexhamfox on November 7, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Michelle Bachmann is what is wrong with the GOP today. Her vitriol directed at Rick Perry will never be forgotten by me. If Rick Perry had been the nominee we would have garnered a much larger share of the Latino vote and the election. Look at Texas as a model for the nation.

James on November 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Want to know why women didn’t vote? Because you had a woman in Michelle Bachmann who wouldn’t shut the F up about Rick Perry and Gardasil. Want to know why we lost the Latino vote? Because when Rick Perry defended his stance on certain immigration issues that are unique to border states, he rightly said his opponents were heartless.

Rick Perry would have destroyed Obama at the Polls. Obama ignored Texas’ drought and wildfires. Obama ignored the Nashville floods or the Midwest Ice Storm, but he was quick to trot on out to New Jersey when it suited him and his image.

James on November 7, 2012 at 1:33 PM