Mitt Romney concedes; Update: Video added
posted at 1:08 am on November 7, 2012 by Erika Johnsen
Mitt Romney took to the stage at the Romney headquarters in Boston at about 12:55 AM this morning, informing the audience that he had just called President Obama to concede. Thanking his wife and his family, Paul Ryan, the campaign and staffers, the volunteers, and the voters, Mitt wished President Obama and his family luck and offered prayers for his success at helping restore America’s greatness at this critical juncture in history. It was short, gracious, and genuine, and in my mind, his self-command and humility were admirable. As disappointed and dismayed as many in the Mitt camp are right now, it was an elegant bowing-out, and it’s some comfort (for me, anyways) to remember that we still live in America, and peaceful transitions of power/elections are just how we do. Update: Here’s the vid.
On deck: President Obama’s acceptance.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?
- Friendly reminder from the White House about ObamaCare: “It’s. The. Law.”