Mitt Romney concedes; Update: Video added
posted at 1:08 am on November 7, 2012 by Erika Johnsen
Mitt Romney took to the stage at the Romney headquarters in Boston at about 12:55 AM this morning, informing the audience that he had just called President Obama to concede. Thanking his wife and his family, Paul Ryan, the campaign and staffers, the volunteers, and the voters, Mitt wished President Obama and his family luck and offered prayers for his success at helping restore America’s greatness at this critical juncture in history. It was short, gracious, and genuine, and in my mind, his self-command and humility were admirable. As disappointed and dismayed as many in the Mitt camp are right now, it was an elegant bowing-out, and it’s some comfort (for me, anyways) to remember that we still live in America, and peaceful transitions of power/elections are just how we do. Update: Here’s the vid.
On deck: President Obama’s acceptance.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation