Green Room

Mitt Romney concedes; Update: Video added

posted at 1:08 am on November 7, 2012 by

Mitt Romney took to the stage at the Romney headquarters in Boston at about 12:55 AM this morning, informing the audience that he had just called President Obama to concede. Thanking his wife and his family, Paul Ryan, the campaign and staffers, the volunteers, and the voters, Mitt wished President Obama and his family luck and offered prayers for his success at helping restore America’s greatness at this critical juncture in history. It was short, gracious, and genuine, and in my mind, his self-command and humility were admirable. As disappointed and dismayed as many in the Mitt camp are right now, it was an elegant bowing-out, and it’s some comfort (for me, anyways) to remember that we still live in America, and peaceful transitions of power/elections are just how we do. Update: Here’s the vid.

On deck: President Obama’s acceptance.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

So much for the skewed polls!

red_herring on November 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Fuck obama.

MontanaMmmm on November 7, 2012 at 1:19 AM

F obama ban me

MontanaMmmm on November 7, 2012 at 1:20 AM

In a saner time (twice now), this never would have been a serious contest.

Godspeed Mitt. You and Romney did your country proud.

Hawkins1701 on November 7, 2012 at 1:26 AM

This should have never been a contest. Jeez, we are so far gone.

goflyers on November 7, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I’m saying a prayer for the U.S. :(

c4 on November 7, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Looking at the returns, it looks like Romney cut into Obama’s margins….by winning more independents than McCain did. Romney’s popular vote could well end up below McCain’s. Republicans has a worse turnout than 2008. After 4 years of Obama, a frankly very good campaign by Romney, those huge rallies…..I literally can’t believe it. Lower GOP turnout than 2008. Good lord.

LukeinNE on November 7, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Well, I can here his acceptance speach now:

“I won. Anyone for a round of golf?”

rocker98 on November 7, 2012 at 1:37 AM

LukeinNE on November 7, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Maybe our side stopped caring altogether?

The Nerve on November 7, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Pathetic.

F you Mitt, you milquetoast fag. BTW, as a Romney supporter from the beginning, I apologize to you Newt guys from the primary. Hats off to you, you were correct, I was an f’ing dope.

sheikh of thornton on November 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM