Maine voters legalize gay marriage
posted at 12:17 am on November 7, 2012 by Allahpundit
Other states have done it, but only through the legislature or the courts. This is the first time it’s happened by popular vote, with an actual majority approving.
Back in May, after Obama finally “evolved” on this issue, I theorized on why so many polls show majorities supporting SSM even though so many state ballot initiatives have failed. Read on.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained