Senate race calls round-up: Warren, Murphy, Baldwin
posted at 9:54 pm on November 6, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham
Democrat Tammy Baldwin in Wisconsin (this is iffy, as only Fox has called it)
Democrat Chris Murphy in Connecticut over Linda McMahon who has spent $100 million on two races.
Democrat Elizabeth Warren in Massachusetts
In a key pick-up of a Republican Senate seat, Massachusetts Democrat Elizabeth Warren defeated GOP Sen. Scott Brown Tuesday, according to a CNN projection. With 37 percent of the estimated vote counted, Warren led Brown 52 percent to 48 percent.
The victory is critical to Democratic ambitions to maintain their majority control of the Senate.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation