Rep. Eric Cantor wins House race
posted at 7:59 pm on November 6, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham
The No. 2 House Republican has been easily re-elected as the GOP fights to extend its control of the House for two more years.
Early returns showed that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor of Virginia had handily won his race. Of the first 15 races called by The Associated Press, all were won by incumbents — three Democrats and 12 Republicans.
Among those also re-elected was Rep. Hal Rogers, R-Ky., a 32-year House veteran who heads the House Appropriations Committee.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style