Green Room

Re: Romney victory speech

posted at 7:27 pm on November 6, 2012 by

Romney might only have a victory speech ready to go as yet, but… Obama has a concession speech. Via The Hill:

President Obama has prepared a concession speech, he told Denver’s Fox affiliate in a round of swing state interviews shortly before polls closed Tuesday.

“You always have two speeches prepared because you can’t take anything for granted,” Obama told FOX31. “It is an extraordinary privilege to serve the people, whatever the office. I have served as a state senator, a U.S. senator and now as the president. And each and every time I’ve been reminded that it is the people where power ultimately resides; and I’m their representative, I’m their servant.”

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

“…I’ve been reminded that it is the people where power ultimately resides; and I’m their representative, I’m their servant.”

It almost sounds as if he actually believed this crap.

clippermiami on November 6, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Well Obamuh has the McCormick Place fortress as the location for his concession speech so he doesn’t have to face the hordes that overran Grant Park four years ago. So he can give his concession speech and then make the mad dash for home in about 3 minutes. Besides, Obamuh needs to have something already loaded into TOTUS. If possibly hypothetically by the remote chance Romney should need to concede which I doubt will happen, he can ad lib and do it eloquently.

stukinIL4now on November 6, 2012 at 7:56 PM

This is President “I Won,” isn’t it? Now that he has a good chance of losing he gains some humility.

insomni on November 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Top Pick

Under the bus.

Top Pick

Well… most of the politics anyway

“It would be catastrophic if the President were to fire the special counsel.”

“The blockade breached institutional values of freedom of expression and assembly.”

“I hope to encourage them to take personal responsibility…”

“I ain’t serving no police”

“I think a lot of Trump’s voters have as one of their primary objectives just stopping the cultural corruption that’s taking place.”

“Don’t take away my health care or you die.”

“We must all do our best to get rid of this tyrant.”

Rosenstein: Comey broke with DoJ norms on memo leak.

“Nobody has ever accused me of pulling any weapon on them.”

“Fourteen people had stab wounds, cuts and bruises, with two of the injured surviving critical stab wounds.”

Okay… you first.

“We should repeal it and replace, and we shouldn’t leave town until this is complete.”

“He feels like he is being thrown under the bus …”

“McCain has always been a fighter”

Ed Morrissey Jul 20, 2017 8:41 AM

“Cancer doesn’t know what it’s up against.”

They may be on to something

How capitalism averted the bee-pocalypse

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 9:31 PM

“there are more honeybee colonies in the country today than in nearly 25 years.”

CBO releases estimate on Obamacare repeal

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 8:31 PM

“The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 17 million in 2018, compared with the number under current law.”

Kasich: Fix Obamacare with more spending

Jason Hart Jul 19, 2017 8:01 PM

Ohio Gov. John Kasich wants Congress to “fix” Obamacare’s insurance exchanges with more federal spending

“This is a momentous decision.”

“One was told that she—her skin was too light and that she needed to listen to people of darker colored skin…”

Disruptor?

Time off without pay for play

The new DOJ guidelines on asset forfeiture are obscene

Taylor Millard Jul 19, 2017 5:01 PM

Guilty until proven innocent.

“We’re just wondering what happened there.”

“This is an attempt at a political intervention.”

The blame game