Eric Holder can breathe a sigh of relief
posted at 1:30 pm on November 6, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
Apparently, his voting rights are secure, thanks in part to a form of photo ID:
ABC News’ Jason Ryan reported via Twitter Tuesday afternoon that some DC poll workers have been given a photo of Attorney General Eric Holder in an effort to positively ID him should he show up to vote.
“After James O’Keefe stunt in DC precinct 9 poll workers given picture of AG Eric Holder with ‘The real Eric Holder’ scrawled on paper,” @JasonRyanABC wrote.
The revelation that poll workers are relying on the photo to identify Holder comes after conservative filmmaker James O’Keefe captured undercover footage earlier this year of DC poll workers offering Holder’s ballot to a young white activist.
If it takes photo ID to protect Eric Holder’s right to cast his own ballot, maybe it makes sense for the rest of us, too.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation