Green Room

Dan Rather: I’m thinking Romney’s got this

posted at 5:10 pm on November 6, 2012 by

Via Newsbusters, this is a bit like watching Dick Morris predict that Romney wins by 500 electoral votes or whatever. On the one hand, optimism is thrilling! On the other hand, consider the source.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Dan is thinking to himself, I have failed…

Oil Can on November 6, 2012 at 5:13 PM

What’s the Frequency, Kenneth?

DailyTrackingPoll on November 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM

“…Well, shucks, everything was going so well. Thanks a lot, Dan.”

-Mitt Romney

Hawkins1701 on November 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM

He’s covered presidential elections since JFK. I am sure he has a sense of what a surge feels like. How else would he have known to make some fake documents to slow down Bush?

portlandon on November 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Forget what that stupid neuroscientist who runs the Princeton Election Consortium thinks (current likelihood of Obama win: 99.2%). Dan Rather and Dick Morris think that Romney’s got this election in the bag.

Armin Tamzarian on November 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I think Mika just soiled her drawers!

Tater Salad on November 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Damn right consider the source…if he’s saying this on MSNBC how much more does Mitt ACTUALLY have things wrapped up?

Ryan Anthony on November 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Holy crap. What POLLS is Danny Boy talking about – the ones with the 2008 turnout models?

Man, these people are gonna be in for the shock of a lifetime in just a few short hours.

I
CAN’T
WAIT

RedNewEnglander on November 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM

@TabithaHale: RT @freddoso: EXITS: Only 25% say they’re better off than four years ago. per AP

mrscullen on November 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM

portlandon on November 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Sure says something about how the news media has turned in recent years when Dan Rather appears to be a relative beacon of honesty.

Gingotts on November 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM

mrscullen on November 6, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Obama is toast.

It’s a reason why they did not leak earlier. If the Exits are good for Dems, they are leaked at Noon EDT (See Kerry).

Norwegian on November 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM

I don’t think Romney’s got this.

I don’t think Obama’s got this.

What I got is a sick sense of dread in the pit of my stomach that won’t go away (I need to stop reading Allah’s posts).

However, I feel slightly better knowing the man who should be in jail for forging official USAF documents feels as bad or worse than I do.

May you feel that way for the rest of your life Dan.

Alberta_Patriot on November 6, 2012 at 5:29 PM

On the other hand, consider the source.

Fair enough. I will consider him…

A veteran journalist and news anchor, who has covered… what?… maybe 15 presidential cycles? Who has been part of the team that made calls of who won and lost, including, infamously, 2000. Who is fairly open about the fact that he leans Left and prefers the Democratic Party.

Has just put a bit of his (admittedly dwindling) reputation on the line, and predicted a win for the GOP candidate.

Have I considered the source sufficiently?

JohnGalt23 on November 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM

meh, he is so insignificant these days, he might just be trying to get some attention, and it kinda works.

JustTruth101 on November 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I
CAN’T
WAIT

RedNewEnglander on November 6, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Man I wish I could be as optimistic as you are. Hope youre right

steel guy on November 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM

He’s head faking so he can gloat later if Berri wins.

Mimzey on November 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I don’t think Romney’s got this.

I don’t think Obama’s got this.

May you feel that way for the rest of your life Dan.

Alberta_Patriot on November 6, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I hear ya man

steel guy on November 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I wonder if Obama HQs will be like the scene in Patton of the German HQs when the Germans are burning papers and one Germnan officer mumbles to himself, “This is the end. This is the end.”

I hope so.

BuckeyeSam on November 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM

many of them detest the president..

No, Mr Rather, this is where you and your ilk are sorely mistaken. We don’t detest the president, we detest the actions of this president and administration.

gatorboy on November 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Is your Benzedrine, uh-huh.

Rusty Allen on November 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM

gatorboy on November 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Right, it’s not personal, although I do take the assalt on my liberty quite personally

steel guy on November 6, 2012 at 5:40 PM

They must be getting the vibes that R is going to win, why else
would they start trying to make people think there is no reason to go to the polls? The whole lot of them are in the bag and realize that if R wins their life will change.

Rockman44 on November 6, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Yeah. What the hell polls is he talking about?

DrZin on November 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM

A bit of honesty from Dan FAKE DOCUMENTS Rather?

I’m plumb swimmy headed.

FOWG1 on November 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Oh God – Not Rather – we are doomed!

Zomcon JEM on November 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM

gatorboy on November 6, 2012 at 5:34 PM

No… many of us really do detest him. He left four good men to die lest they disrupt his “I beat al-Qeada” narrative.

Alberta_Patriot on November 6, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Jackass. Trying to act like he’s some kind of Wise Old Man going out on a limb with a wild prediction.

BTW, I thought this Rather dried up and blew away a long time ago. Who let the freak out of his straight jacket anyway?

logis on November 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM

It’s November 2012. Why are we even noting what Rather has to say? Dan Rather ceased being relevant in September 2004. Might just as well be posting what Richard Simmons thinks.

notta_dhimmi on November 6, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Worst Omen ever… Dan Rather.. Kiss of Ebola death.. lol

But clocks are right some times…

Y314K on November 6, 2012 at 7:56 PM