Green Room

Clinton: Who wants a president who’ll “repeatedly tell you something he knows isn’t true?”

posted at 9:31 am on November 6, 2012 by

Do you think he realizes what he’s saying, or…? Around the 45-second mark:

Who wants a president that will knowingly, repeatedly tell you something he knows is not true? … When I was a kid, if I got my hand caught in the cookie jar, where it wasn’t supposed to be, I turned red in the face, and I took my hand out of the cookie jar. You’ve got to give it to Gov. Romney, when he gets his hand caught in the cookie jar, he just digs down for more cookies. … You don’t have to be from Ohio to want your president to tell you the truth when it comes to jobs for the American people.

This, from the president who was impeached on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. …I find the cookie metaphor to be particularly, painfully awkward, but I guess he did throw in the “jobs” qualifier, so, there’s that. Oof.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

AND, who wants a president that is a convicted liar and serial abuser of women – DEMOCRATS, of course!

gonnjos on November 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I guess it depends on what your definition of want is.

You’ve got to give it to disgraced ex-President Clinton..when he gets his hand caught in the intern… he just digs down for more cigars. …

HumpBot Salvation on November 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM

DEMOCRATS!!

Washington Nearsider on November 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM

The stones on that guy. Lewinsky, anyone? Benghazi?

Doughboy on November 6, 2012 at 9:39 AM

CLINTON: “I didn’t have sex with that woman …”

CLINTON: “I didn’t have sex with that woman …”

CLINTON: “I didn’t have sex with that woman …”

CLINTON: “I didn’t have sex with that woman …”

CLINTON: “I didn’t have sex with that woman …”

CLINTON: “I didn’t have sex with that woman …”

Oh wait…

belad on November 6, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Democrats always operate on a different plane. They assume, out of sight, out of mind and people will forget. I think most people figured out that, even though it was only about sex, he still lied, under oath, before a grand jury. What that will mean, for all time in my opinion, is he can’t lecture anyone on honesty.

bflat879 on November 6, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I got beat to it…
but Clinton got disbarred for perjury after he left office.
Physician, heal thyself!

22044 on November 6, 2012 at 9:40 AM

“I did not have sexual relations with that woman”.

antipc on November 6, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Yes, we agree with you, BJ, that why we are going to vote the lying two bit street corner con out today.

bayview on November 6, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Hahahahahahahahaha

The president that lied under oath and tried to redefine “is” has a huge set. Or he thinks Americans have very short memories.

ButterflyDragon on November 6, 2012 at 9:46 AM

People who voted for you, Billy.

Omega_Rage on November 6, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I had to laugh when listening to John Bolton on FOX yesterday (I think it was Megyn Kelley’s show). He said that Clinton at least has a genuine Southern accent, unlike another politician who has been going around talking in a fake accent, dropping his Gs, etc.

No doubt he was talking about 0bama. I swear, I can do a better fake southern black dialect than obama, and I’m as white as the fallen snow.

UltimateBob on November 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM

OMG! The only reason Clinton can show his face in public is because MSM carries him, shields him—just like they did for the murderer, Ted Kennedy.

Oracleforhire on November 6, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I thought Clinton was talking about Obama and was giving his support to Romney. Obama administration has never been honest with the American people! Still waiting on the truth on Libya wher both MSM and Obama his hiding the real truth. Believe in Romney/Ryan!!

karlinsync on November 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM

No, I want a President who hits on interns. And then lies about it.

VastRightWingConspirator on November 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM

“Daddy, what is that lady doing down there on her knees?”

faraway on November 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

No, I want a President who hits on interns. And then lies about it.

VastRightWingConspirator on November 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I can’t wait to buy Monica’s book.

faraway on November 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I’ll give ol’ Clenis credit for having brass ba**s and absolutely no shame whatsoever…

Tim Zank on November 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

if I got my hand caught in the cookie nookie jar, where it wasn’t supposed to be, I turned red in the face,

FIFY

MikeA on November 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM

“I did not have sexual relations with that woman… Monica Lewinsky…”

Tombstone material…

Khun Joe on November 6, 2012 at 10:11 AM

That depends on what your definition of “isn’t” is…

Glenn Jericho on November 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM

“But I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I’m going to say this again. I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time – never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the American people.” – Bill Clinton

RadClown on November 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Rich.

Mr. Arrogant on November 6, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Great timing for a statement about truth telling.

For our current President – one word

BENGHAZI

in_awe on November 6, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Wow. Just freaking wow.

We are allowing the United States to be turned into a banana republic.

KMC1 on November 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Policy v privacy

plewis on November 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM

File this one in the Unmitigated Gall department.

jaydee_007 on November 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Monica wasn’t the only one

He’s going to have an interesting time when he’s brought before G*d to answer for what he’s done…

Battlecruiser-operational on November 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Do Democrats just not carry the gene that allows one to recognize irony?

Mitoch55 on November 6, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Clinton or Obama telling us not to trust a liar.. that’s really really rich….lol

RockyJ. on November 6, 2012 at 11:45 AM

“Who wants a president that will knowingly, repeatedly tell you something he knows is not true?”

We already have one Bill! That is one of many reasons we want to get rid of him!

rockncoal on November 6, 2012 at 11:57 AM

as Michael Scott would say…….
Thats what she said !

FlaMurph on November 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Clinton and Obama are both pathological liars. Neither one is capable of telling the truth. Throw in a fool like Howard Dean and you have three examples of why liberalism is a mental disorder.

volsense on November 6, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Excuse me, Sir, that is NOT a cookie jar!

di butler on November 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM