Clinton: Who wants a president who’ll “repeatedly tell you something he knows isn’t true?”
posted at 9:31 am on November 6, 2012 by Erika Johnsen
Do you think he realizes what he’s saying, or…? Around the 45-second mark:
Who wants a president that will knowingly, repeatedly tell you something he knows is not true? … When I was a kid, if I got my hand caught in the cookie jar, where it wasn’t supposed to be, I turned red in the face, and I took my hand out of the cookie jar. You’ve got to give it to Gov. Romney, when he gets his hand caught in the cookie jar, he just digs down for more cookies. … You don’t have to be from Ohio to want your president to tell you the truth when it comes to jobs for the American people.
This, from the president who was impeached on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. …I find the cookie metaphor to be particularly, painfully awkward, but I guess he did throw in the “jobs” qualifier, so, there’s that. Oof.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation