Green Room

A TIE in Dixville Notch!

posted at 12:18 am on November 6, 2012 by

First in the nation Dixville Notch, N.H. casts five votes for Obama and five votes for Romney at midnight on Election Day. It’s the first time the tiny town has ever ended in a tie for the presidential race. Its voters went for Republican candidates for governor (Ovide LaMontagne) and Congress (Rep. Charlie Bass).

For what it’s worth (and it’s all the data we have so far, so it’s worth EVERYTHING), turnout was way down from 21 in 2008, at which point there were 15 votes for Obama and six for McCain.

Heh, Moe Lane, take it away with the spin. People really are spinning this, claiming Dixville Notch is “very Republican” on Twitter.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

OT: Polls in my area of Pennsylvania, western Lehigh Valley have lines around the building. It’s the before work crowd BUT, it looks very, very heavy, white collar, 75 % men.

Go Team Romney !

DevilsPrinciple on November 6, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Why do we assume long lines equate to repub votes? Here in MA I would be worried at long lines because it may mean Warren has it in the bag. Short lines make me think that so many dems figure it’s in the bag that they don’t bother to vote.

Frank Enstine on November 6, 2012 at 10:15 AM

There is a lesbian bar by where I work named “tounge in groove”. Just trying to help.

VegasRick on November 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I once heard that there is a gay bar in San Francisco called the White Swallow (with a picture of a small bird on the sign).

Hey, I’m just trying to help, too.

UltimateBob on November 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM

What happened to the Obama voters in Dixville Notch since 2008. Have they chosen to abstain? The MSM or FOX needs to investigate.

I got out and voted at 7pm. It took one hour sitting out in 45 degree windy weather and we have a 50% chance of rain South Carolina. Some people had been there since 6:30 am. I am writing a letter to the election commission to have our polling place moved to an indoor venue. There are plenty of public school gymnasiums that could be used.

SC.Charlie on November 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM