“I’m here. Where’s the beer?”
posted at 9:51 am on November 5, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham
Sen. Mark Kirk made his first public appearance Sunday since suffering a major stroke nine months ago. And, he did it dramatically:
Sen. Mark Kirk climbed more than three dozen flights of stairs in Willis Tower during a fundraising event Sunday, but his staff declined to say when the senator will return to Congress following a major stroke…
Kirk, 53, made it from the 66th floor to the 103rd floor of the building formerly known as Sears Tower while participating in a fundraiser for the Rehabitlitation Institute of Chicago called Skyrise Chicago.
“I’m here. Where’s the beer?” he said from the top floor, where he was embraced and applauded by onlookers.
Best to the senator in his recovery. I hope he can get back to good health and normal work as soon as possible. He told a local TV station he hops to return to the Senate in January.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Dan Pfeiffer – Mr. Irrelevant
- IRS To Pro-Life Groups: You Know You’re Gonna Have To Give Up This Whole Protest Thing, Right?
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can