Green Room

“I’m here. Where’s the beer?”

posted at 9:51 am on November 5, 2012 by

Sen. Mark Kirk made his first public appearance Sunday since suffering a major stroke nine months ago. And, he did it dramatically:

Sen. Mark Kirk climbed more than three dozen flights of stairs in Willis Tower during a fundraising event Sunday, but his staff declined to say when the senator will return to Congress following a major stroke…

Kirk, 53, made it from the 66th floor to the 103rd floor of the building formerly known as Sears Tower while participating in a fundraiser for the Rehabitlitation Institute of Chicago called Skyrise Chicago.

“I’m here. Where’s the beer?” he said from the top floor, where he was embraced and applauded by onlookers.

Best to the senator in his recovery. I hope he can get back to good health and normal work as soon as possible. He told a local TV station he hops to return to the Senate in January.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

That’s fantastic. Can’t wait to see you back in Congress Senator.

gophergirl on November 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Would have been nice if MKH had included a link to a story where we could read more.

bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Ohhh, I see what you did there.
“I’m here. Where’s the beer?”

“He told a local TV station he hops to return to the Senate in January.”

Good one MK.

mgman on November 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM

bluegill on November 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Ask nicely. I’m sure it was an oversight.

tdau1997 on November 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

“I’m here. Where’s the beer?”

I thought for sure this was going to be another Biden gaffe thread.

But he would have also asked, “Where’s all the biker wymmyns?”

UltimateBob on November 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Good on him! I can’t do that in perfect health!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Sorry, MKH …
ANYONE unable to do their job must be replaced. That includes J. Jackson, Jr. AND Kirk.
It’s OUR money that is supporting them in a MAJOR way.
SOME of US pay for “disability insurance”.
IF conservatives are serious about cutting costs, cut the losses and the Congressional pigs at the trough.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on November 5, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Karl Magnus on November 5, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Nice of you to buy into the J Jackson Jr. “illness” thingy that he’s already be cured of. He’s going to jail, and nothing is going to stop it – and no illness will excuse him of what he has done.

Also see: Tom Delay