Final Gallup: 49/48 Romney
posted at 1:31 pm on November 5, 2012 by Guy Benson
Down from his five-point lead early last week, but still a small edge for the challenger:
Gallup editor-in-chief Frank Newport tells Bloomberg Businessweek that the release of Monday’s tracking poll, set for 1 p.m., will show Mitt Romney leading President Obama 49 percent to 48 percent among likely voters nationally.
So Obama gained two points, Romney dropped two, and now Gallup’s final margin is right in the ballpark of…virtually every single other pollster. Rasmussen has it at 49/48 for Mitt, too. Check out the closing trend on independents.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation