Green Room

Will Ferrell will do anything if you vote for Obama

posted at 10:20 am on November 4, 2012 by

Just what we’ve all been waiting for — another celebrity endorsement, fresh from the Obama campaign. The substantiality is practically overwhelming me.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Will Ferrell will do anything if you vote for Obama

Shave his mustache?
Ventriloquism from his loins?
Make a good movie?

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Okay, now these celebrity Obama videos are just getting really pathetic. They have entered the tragic territory. I am so ready for this campaign to be over. Let’s just elect Mitt Romney already, and be done with it.

bluegill on November 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM

*sigh*

Guess I’ll have to pass — on the Obama part that is. But, tell you what, Will. Don;t call us, we’ll call you.

The War Planner on November 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Will who?

Another D-list celeb thinks the voters give a rat’s azz about him?

Wethal on November 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Not going to watch. The irony will be that it’s the funniest movie he’s ever made…which won’t be hard, considering the stinkburgers he’s foisted on the American movie-going public.

Left Coast Right Mind on November 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Retire from public life and never besmirch TV and movie screens again?

Trafalgar on November 4, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Stop talking politics and just do his job?

(for the record, I love stupid humor movies so when I’m in the right mood, his stupid movies fit the bill).

mjk on November 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Retire from public life and never besmirch TV and movie screens again?

Beat me to it. I would consider pulling the lever for Zero if it meant no more Will Ferell movies, ever. But only because I’m in a deep blue state.

Xasprtr on November 4, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Conservative votes never count in Maryland anyway.

I’ll vote for Obama, if Will Ferrell agrees to publicly punch Harry Reid in the nut sack.

Terp Mole on November 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Living in a deep red state, I’d seriously consider it if he gave signed a contract with me to never ever make another movie again.

CorporatePiggy on November 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Anything except be funny. He hasn’t mastered that yet.

Extrafishy on November 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM

This video is actually very psychologically interesting.

He appears to be making a pro-Obama celebrity endorsement, but it’s self-evidently sarcastic.

What he’s actually doing is mocking celebrities who make pro-Obama endorsements.

This video is as sincere as Steven Colbert saying women shouldn’t be allowed to vote. It’s a schtick.

But what makes it extra-double interesting is that Will Ferrell himself isn’t entirely conscious of this.

He knows it’s ludicrous to endorse Obama, but he also knows it’s expected of him as a Hollywood celebrity, so he sort of satisfied both requirements and made an “endorsement” that is secretly a satire of endorsements.

Zombie on November 4, 2012 at 11:25 AM

“If you vote I’ll eat anything you tell me to – garbage, hair, human toenails, underpants, whatever, I’ll do it”

All that “talent” and a cannibal, too.

fitzfong on November 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Well, Mr Ferrell, you are going to lose!

I’ve been doing phone canvassing in the state of Ohio from Huntsville Alabama. I don’t know whom I am calling. I call a number and it dials for me. Yesterday, I spoke with 23 people in Ohio. 20 stated they do NOT support Obama’s policies. The day before, I spoke with 73 people. Only 11 of those 73 people supported Obama’s policies. It’s like this every day. Most days, Romney gets a 4 to 1 advantage at least. Do I think he’ll get 80% of the vote in Ohio? Of course not. I’m not sure how to explain this. Granted, these are people with land lines; they are older and probably more conservative. I have no way of knowing the political persuasions of all the people who hang up on me. Maybe hanger-uppers love Obama. All things considered, I don’t see how Obama can win Ohio without massive cheating.

jjnco73 on November 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Will Ferrell will do anything if you vote for Obama

Anything?
Anything??
Anything???

Well, okay then. Since, like you, I am in California, a.k.a. Land of the Lost, I will vote for Obama if…

… You publicly endorse and vote for Romney.

Mary in LA on November 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM

At least Will Ferrell’s video is cuter than the Cher/Griffin one. Not a high hudle to clear, I know.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Even if Mr. Ferrell promises never to make another movie or TV appearance again, I will not vote for Barack Obama……

DIAF???… still no…

phreshone on November 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Will Ferrell will do anything if you vote for Obama

Will he win a Darwin Award? No? Then never mind.

john1schn on November 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Of course he’s lying…he won’t do anything. I can see why he’s a Maobama supporter.

Mimzey on November 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Zombie on November 4, 2012 at 11:25 AM

You’re over thinking it bro, he’s just another idiot with too much money…

Tim Zank on November 4, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Tongue kiss Reggie Love in front of Obama?

profitsbeard on November 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Will Ferrell will do anything if you vote for Obama

Will he go so far as to Mooch shave his @ss with a weed eater?

jrgdds on November 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Judging from his movies, Will Farrell apparently will do anything.

Odysseus on November 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Farrell, of course, is the co-owner of the “Funny Or Die” website. But judging by his comedy efforts of the past 5-6 years, he never really seems to do the former and then consistently fails to live up to the latter part of the bargain. I’m not expecting his promise here to be any more valid.

jon1979 on November 4, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Will he just shut up and go away?

hoosierma on November 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I admit, i’ve liked some of Will Ferrell’s movies, especially Anchorman but man i’m freaking tired of his liberal garbage that he talks about constantly…and i’ll never see the campaign..never

sadsushi on November 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Make me laugh? No, that’s impossible.

I’ll never get what people like about this guy. Other than being a large goony looking guy, he’s not funny.

NoDonkey on November 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM