Re: Pennsylvania in play
posted at 10:35 am on November 4, 2012 by Ed Morrissey
I’ll have more on the PA poll in a few minutes, AP, but meanwhile here’s Paul Krugman trying to convince readers that all is well and Bill’s doing four events in the safe state of Pennsylvania just to get out of the house for a bit:
Worse yet, some reporting tells readers things the reporters have to know aren’t true. How many stories have you seen declaring that “both sides think they’re winning”? No, they don’t: the Romney campaign is visibly flailing, trying desperately to find new fronts on which to attack Obama. They clearly know that it will take a miracle — sorry, a last-minute surge — to prevail on Tuesday. It’s OK, I guess, to report campaign spin; but surely it’s not OK to report campaign spin as the truth, which is what these stories are doing.
Via the estimable Chuck Blahous of E21, who writes: “He knows he’s handing a weapon to everyone to use against him forever if the results utterly refute him on Tuesday. He’s basically thrown down the gauntlet on whether he lives in an alternative reality.”
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation