Green Room

Former Hillary “top aide” endorses Romney

posted at 11:23 am on November 4, 2012 by

I don’t think this is the equivalent of Colin Powell’s endorsement of Obama, but it’s certainly interesting:

Gigi Georges, who used to be a top aide to Hillary Clinton when the current Secretary of State was a U.S. Senator, has come out in support of Mitt Romney just days before the election.

Here is her statement explaining the decision:

“For most of my life, I’ve been an active Democrat. I am proud to have worked for President Bill Clinton and then-Senator Hillary Clinton, and, during that time, I saw firsthand what can be accomplished by strong, bipartisan leadership. I know what it means to work across the aisle on issues that are important to the American people. And that’s why I am supporting Mitt Romney. Governor Romney has a plan to restore the prosperity this country deserves and expects. He will work with people of good will no matter what their party, and he will pursue the policies that are in the best interest of our country, no matter who proposes them. That’s what President Obama promised to do four years ago. But like so many of his promises, bipartisan cooperation is just another one he has broken. We can’t have four more years of failed policies and two parties that can’t work together. We need the change Mitt Romney is offering.”

When you’ve lost former Clinton aides …

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Top Aide would be more impressive if it were someone like Huma Abedin. She would appeal to a segment of women voters if she held a press conference and said, “Hillary Clinton’s husband disgraced her in public! My husband, Anthony Weiner, disgraced ME in public! Now is the time for ‘REVENGE’ on the Democratic party!!!”

😉

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM

The great thing is that the Obama people will assume it’s some kind of maneuver from the Clintons to screw Obama, even if it isn’t.

jnelchef on November 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM

It’s safe to say, I think, that Obama has the grudge vote all sewn up with his “closing argument.”

MJBrutus on November 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Obamas Stimulus Bills did not help black people or the poor. Much of the money went to his green energy buddies and their failed companies or to pay for unions retirement benefits, which is not the responsibility of the taxpayer. If Obama really wanted to help people he would have just given them the money for their own use which would have been spent to gin up the economy. Obama was running for a second term back then and threw poor Americans under the bus.

kemojr on November 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Top Pick

Going for the record

Top Pick

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM