Green Room

Finally: Cher and Kathy Griffin weigh in on the election

posted at 4:45 pm on November 3, 2012 by

A new dispatch from liberal America, where the economy is the 99th or 100th most important issue of the election. I know red-staters have been reserving judgment on how to vote until they heard from these two and Lena Dunham, so here you go; cast your ballot secure in the knowledge that you’re now fully informed, particularly vis-a-vis how much Richard Mourdock and Paul Ryan love rape. Over at NRO, Kevin Williamson reflects on “the Dumb Vote”:

For the Dumb Vote, voting is simply an expression of affiliation, a way of marking one’s membership in the tribe of the compassionately ironic or ironically compassionate or whatever. It is a gesture for people who are absolutely certain that they are right — not because they have any meaningful information, but because they are absolutely certain that the other side is evil, which is why they so quickly and consistently revert to claims of racism against a movement that includes lots of non-white partisans, claims of misogyny against a movement that includes an enormous number of women, claims of aspiring Christian theocracy against a movement that includes a great many non-Christians and that is noted for its affinity with the Jewish state, etc.

Watching this, I remembered that the Twitchy crew follows Cher on Twitter so I checked in to see what thoughts she might have had lately about the other side being evil. Situation: Dire.

Is she saying that she … actually prefers the Bushitler to Romney? I expected we’d reach that point soon after Romney was elected and the left dusted off its old “truth to power” shtick, but here we are a few days out from voting and we’re already seeing it. Any readers have a second-grader in the house who’d be willing to read that last tweet for us and tell us what she’s trying to say?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Cher is obviously drunk-tweeting again.

ButterflyDragon on November 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM

OMG.

Air Head LIARS.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I almost watched, I thought it was Cher and Kathy (Lee) Giffords, you know crazy from both sides of aisle.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Chers make up job weighs more than her brain.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM

That is a very very sad face Cher is wearing. If only I cared.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Add-on to block pictures of ugly people needed!

22044 on November 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM

That’s it…we’re done for… Obama has the bitter hags with addictions to plastic surgery vote sewn-up…

phreshone on November 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM

“I am an icon”, self important much?

MontanaMmmm on November 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM

gypsies, tramps & thieves.
Chet,griffin, & Obama

portlandon on November 3, 2012 at 5:09 PM

STFU you stupid @ss know-nothings, regardless of what happens you’re not affected by it. We could have $10/gallon gas these elitists wouldn’t suffer unlike the rest of us.

gsherin on November 3, 2012 at 5:09 PM

They’re the lip suction twins.

Blake on November 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Wasn’t Cher last seen as a gay guy on Will & Grace?

:p

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Anyone who watches this and thinks “Ok, NOW I know who to vote for on Tuesday!” should rent out their skull as a storage locker.

CrustyB on November 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM

They’ve both had so much work done they can barely talk.

Tyrone Slothrop on November 3, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Chers make up job weighs more than her brain.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 4:54 PM

..my God! These posts are certainly fun, aren’t they, Sparky? So many straight lines, so little time!

:-D

*gets huge Totoro smile*

The War Planner on November 3, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Oh brother. I begged myself not to click on this one, but I did and it was just as I’d figured. Why do celebrities dislike genuinely nice people?

BettyRuth on November 3, 2012 at 5:31 PM

My wife (who has far more face time with the general public than I do) said that there are women who really do buy the whole War on Women, Romney wants to License your Uterus and ban abortion schtick. And they talk about it.

And we’re in Texas.

Must be the transplants.

Still…

CorporatePiggy on November 3, 2012 at 5:32 PM

phreshone on November 3, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Nothing much could be added to this statement. Maybe one could say… Nope, I got nothin’.

This about pretty much sews it up.

M240H on November 3, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Wonder twin powers activate.

Form of ugly stuck.
Form of stupid stick.

lorien1973 on November 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Mentally ill.

Mimzey on November 3, 2012 at 6:12 PM

You’d think Cher would be supportive of Mitt Romney, after all, they both have five sons.

Left Coast Right Mind on November 3, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I give both these women kudos for standing up.. Seriously how high are they?

2Tru2Tru on November 3, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Who are those two old, shriveled trannies in the video?

Pork-Chop on November 3, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Maybe some music would cheer up Cher.

listens2glenn on November 3, 2012 at 7:02 PM

lorien1973 on November 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I laughed.

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I was watching this just flabbergasted at how much Cher looks like a Zombie or Vampira, and then she has to say Paul Ryan looks like Dracula. Well, she’d know.

Marcus on November 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Don’t let Mitt turn back time? I think with their cosmetic surgery it is Cher and Griffin who are trying to do that…

Colony14 on November 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Their core belief system is that Barack Obama is really a higher-order being (god-like) who has come to save us all. That is the basis for their belief. From that point, they simply cannot understand why anybody would want such a person NOT TO LEAD US ALL. Same thing with virtually everybody over at MSNBC. In fact, I think it’s a requisite for working over there. If you do then you must be some kind of evil person.

You can’t reach them! It would be like trying to convince a priest that the Pope was just an ordinary man or a muslim that Mohammad was a rapist and not a prophet etc. etc. It’s religious with people like Cher and Kathy Griffin.

And THAT is the danger with these people. Obama could be personally conducting beheadings in the backyard of the White House, on video, and these same people would be all over the news-shows making excuses for him and why he was forced to do that.

I have a guy in my office who is exactly like this. We had a discussion at lunch the other day and it got heated because I kept tossing back into his face all the things that he said were terrible about Bush (like deficits, unemployment, gas prices, etc) and how much WORSE things were under Obama and he just poured excuse after excuse back at me. I was witnessing a Moonie discuss his Master. Nothing Obama said or did could make him an unbeliever.

Mahdi on November 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Hey Corporate Piggy the day anyone can keep me from my choice of healthcare in any format will make my blood boil
Oh wait
Here comes the Affordable Care Act.
Dems and guilters, wake up.
R2

seesalrun2 on November 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Madhi, Levin calls them drones. You can only take so much. Move along.

seesalrun2 on November 3, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Cher, too bad you can’t “turn back time.” If you could you might have asked for a prettier face and a brain.

arnold ziffel on November 3, 2012 at 7:42 PM

LmaO

Uber wealthy Hollywood celebritard 1%’er limousine Liberals truly are colossally pathetic fruitcakes.

Especially the ones who’ve lost all relevancy and desperately want at least some of it back.

FlatFoot on November 3, 2012 at 7:54 PM

seesalrun2 on November 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM

We’ve seen the effect of the “Affordable” “Care” act recently. 20% hike in premiums and a raise in the deductible. But you know what’s awesome? Preventative care (there is a definition for this, government sanctioned) is now “free”.

CorporatePiggy on November 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM

What the heck are these women talking about? Who is trying to suppress anyone’s right to birth control. No one that I’ve seen. Many people have ALWAYS been against abortion, even in cases of rape or incest for religious or philosophical reasons. That hasn’t changed in the past 4, 8, 10, 50 or 100 years. Mitt actually supports choice in cases of rape or incest. The “forceable” vrs not rape parsing thing is stupid and Repubs really should drop it like a hot potato but Roe v Wade is settled law. It would take a constitutional amendment, or more, to reverse it and that won’t happen. Lilly Ledbetter wasn’t about equal pay. There were numerous laws already on the books upholding that, still are. Who’s against that? Ledbetter was about extending the statute of limitations almost indefinitely which many thought would be disastrous. The left is so intent on implying that anyone who disagrees with them supports rape and wants to throw granny of the cliff. Leftism has become a religion. Diverge from dogma and you aren’t just wrong, you are evile, a heretic. It’s so ridiculous and stupid. Cher looks so upset. I just don’t get this elitist hysteria, other than these people can’t tolerate other religions. So bizarre.

limmo on November 3, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I think Cher’s just bitter because when her plastic surgeon showed her a computer image of what she would look like after her next face lift, it sported a vandyke.

mr.blacksheep on November 3, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Marcus on November 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Is Cher Really still alive? That vid was frightening.

Kjeil on November 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Cher has been watching too much Al Sharpton, think we much.

Herb on November 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Kathy Griffin was telling the story of going over to Cher’s manse, and the two of them settling in to watch Cher’s daughter son Chaz compete on Dancing With the Stars. Well, they got hungry but Cher’s staff had the night off.

They decided to order a pizza, then both women realized they didn’t know how. I repeat: They didn’t know how to order a pizza.

Hilarity ensued as Kathy phoned her assistant in another town to order the pizza to send to Cher’s home while the two women haggled over what toppings they wanted. Who’da thunk there was such a thing as “crippling wealth”?

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Which one was married to Sonny Bono?

OkieDoc on November 3, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Was this a Romney campaign add? It might as well have been.

Old eagle on November 3, 2012 at 10:51 PM

No second-graders but plenty of drinkers. Translation: *hic*

RushBaby on November 3, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on November 3, 2012 at 9:05 PM

That is funny

Ugly on November 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM

BettyRuth on November 3, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I wasn’t going to watch the vid until I saw your post, but even against your clear evidence that it would be a mistake to do so anyway, there was something about the way you framed how you begged yourself not to click. So I did, too. Now, I can’t get Oz out of my mind and the wicked witches of the west and east. Thanks. Thanks a lot..

HiJack on November 3, 2012 at 11:46 PM

OMG! Cher is standing there looking like Morticia and has the gall to refer to Paul Ryan as Dracula! Are you effing kidding me?!

HiJack on November 3, 2012 at 11:48 PM

A catty couple of runts.

princetrumpet on November 4, 2012 at 12:02 AM

It’s clear from the comments over there that the left is coming completely unhinged.

WeekendAtBernankes on November 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM