Video: Kirsten Powers, Judith Miller Rip Media Over Benghazi
posted at 4:38 pm on November 2, 2012 by Guy Benson
Watch as a lifelong Democrat and a New York Times Pulitzer Prize winner rake the MSM over the coals for their scandalous, avert-your-eyes treatment of this earthquake-level story. Powers even suggests the media’s behavior (with some notable exceptions) is as outrageous as the massacre itself. Take it away, ladies:
“The mainstream media is absolutely pathetic. It’s no longer possible to defend them.”
There’s a passing reference to a point Jonah Goldberg’s been making on this, and it’s a good one: The media collectively freaked out over a decades-old DUI revelation about George W. Bush in the week leading up to the 2000 election. Yet here we have four dead Americans (including a sitting Ambassador), evidence of astonishing dereliction of duty at the highest levels, and a bona fide cover-up. Crickets.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation