Green Room

Photos: Romney Draws Thousands in Wisconsin

posted at 3:12 pm on November 2, 2012 by

Republican sources in Wisconsin tell me more than 4,000 supporters crammed into a relatively small expo center near Milwaukee to hear Mitt Romney’s “closing argument” speech this morning, and that the campaign was forced to turn away thousands more at the door:

According to one estimate, roughly 2,000 people who couldn’t make it inside stood in the chilly fall weather outside the venue to listen to the address on speakers:

President Obama drew just 2,600 backers in Green Bay just yesterday, according to the New York Times.  In fairness, the president has visited Wisconsin much more frequently than Romney has in recent weeks.  Anecdotal evidence suggests that Democrats are nervous about the direction Wisconsin is heading, while GOP insiders are feeling optimistic.  The proof will be in the Tuesday night pudding either way.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Yes, let’s be fair to a guy who accused his opponent of giving people cancer. Yeesh.

Fact is, it doesn’t matter how many times he’s been there, it’s the final week of the campaign and an incumbent president is drawing crowds even the NYT labels unimpressive.

changer1701 on November 2, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Wow, I do believe he can win WI…

OmahaConservative on November 2, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Wow.

Enthusiasm…

JohnGalt23 on November 2, 2012 at 3:23 PM

EXCELLENT

cmsinaz on November 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Goodbye hopenchange…don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out…
🙂

Strike Hornet on November 2, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Crowds.

Early voting.

Enthusiams gap.

Leads with Independents.

All point to a Romney victory.

Norwegian on November 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Come on Cheeseheads, dominate the Sleeze-head…

hillsoftx on November 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM

And he got the Bart Starr endorsement to boot.

txmomof6 on November 2, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I’m feeling pretty optimistic myself. Trying to temper that a bit.

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 4:14 PM

And now this from bho, ‘revenge’ against the R’s? One has to wonder, just how much hate bho has for anyone here in the US that hasn’t come around to his way of thinking? bho is the most anti-American president in my memory!

L

letget on November 2, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I’m feeling pretty optimistic myself. Trying to temper that a bit.

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Fight the impulse to channel your inner Eeyore padawan. Your faith shall be rewarded. Soon the Humpbot will arrive and your mourning will be turned into joy.

johnnybgood on November 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Were I in charge of such things, I would send the candidate outside after the indoor rally was finished, to say hello & give special thanks and extra motivation to the folks who couldnt get in.

Tell the people outside sorry you cant get in please stick with us and the man will come out and see you after. Then do so, shaking every hand if necessary.

Sacramento on November 2, 2012 at 4:39 PM

L
A
N
D
S
L
I
D
E

BABY!

NY Conservative on November 2, 2012 at 4:39 PM

@sacramento, some one on rush’s show the other day said they were in an overflow room and Romney came in there first and talk with them beore he went to man room.

JustHugh on November 2, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Romney spoke to them afterwards.

bluealice on November 2, 2012 at 4:59 PM

changer1701 on November 2, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I simply do not understand the urge of conservative pundits to “be fair” to Obama…

mnjg on November 2, 2012 at 5:17 PM

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM
Top Pick

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Top Pick

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…